Any Boot Animation Details?

Kyosys said:
they end sorta abruptly.
That's easily changed, just a timing issue :)

Kloplop321 said:
I would like the fleshy part of the eyes to be in black-and-white while the iris of the eye is in color
Yep I can do that too if you like.

Last edited by a moderator:
You want blue eyes?

How about Lo Pan shooting light from his eyes and mouth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltXSXPm4zIU

Now, THAT's a boot sequence!

WarmFluffyUK said:
Kloplop321 said:
I would like the fleshy part of the eyes to be in black-and-white while the iris of the eye is in color
Yep I can do that too if you like.

yeah, personally, I think that it should be new, but not like flesh. but thanks, I would like to see the result, yours and banjeed's are developing well :lol:

WarmFluffyUK said:
Updated, monochrome and blue, no closed eyes at the beginning, and adjusted timing.

Looks great, Clare!

WarmFluffyUK said:
Updated, monochrome and blue, no closed eyes at the beginning, and adjusted timing.
Here

looks nice now :)
I still prefer banjeed's one right now though :p

Update..

Was going to be on business from tomorrow til next Tuesday, but my schedule just opened up. For those interested, I should be updating the current box render within the next few days. Seeing as the purple eye animation actually saw some attention from craig, I'm thinking I should also spend some more time on that idea. BTW, WarmFluffy, very nice animation. Seeing others taking a shot at this really makes the suspense seem less drastic. more later

I like black bootscreens more and to have a growing status bar i made this one here:
yaftvy4h.gif

hope you like it

Chip said:
WarmFluffyUK said:

Looks great, Clare!

What Chip said. :D I can easily imagine booting the Pandora and seeing this.

Duke_Igthorne said:
I like black bootscreens more and to have a growing status bar i made this one here:
yaftvy4h.gif

hope you like it
That's a pretty cool idea Duke...What software package are you using? I think I can help resolve the indexed color issue if you let me know and would be very happy to collaborate in animating this if you'd like...if it was your intention to limit, more power to you. I love adding roughness to my work. Keep em coming guys

WarmFluffyUK said:
Here

That is nice, any chance of some kind of animation on the pupils themselves, maybe slight focus of them, something like that before the blink to keep the animation happening.

But yes I like that, is the source high res?

craigix said:
WarmFluffyUK said:
Here

That is nice, any chance of some kind of animation on the pupils themselves, maybe slight focus of them, something like that before the blink to keep the animation happening.

But yes I like that, is the source high res?

I will see what I can do, and the source is the same quality as a DVD.

You know what I'd really like for a boot Anim?

The C64 loading screen fuzz! :D

pandora_loading.jpg

Retro!

craigix said:
Done, it's quite subtle as it looked false if I made the pupils focusing more prominent. I have also made the pupils look more realistic as they were blue before.
Link

I don't think I will be able to do any more today as I'm not well at the moment and going back to bed.

Actually I limited the colors to make it appear more bootscreen-like ^^
I Used wings3D to model and 3ds-max trial to render since I'm not very good with blender (can't even get smooth shading working ).
here the gif with optimized 8-bit colors:
86pa-1.gif

I like the ideas presented and I have one myself.

You power the Pandora up and the screen quickly fades to a little neon blue/jet black 3D box(looks like the Pandora but animated and maybe a little cartoony), facing away from you at an angle, on a semi-black background.
The box starts to rumble(with tiny, distinct, but not harsh, rumble sounds playing).
The lid opens(cue the soft lid opening sound) and a "mysterious" bright light(maybe off-white/yellow in color like sunlight, like hope) radiates from inside.
The screen brightens(maybe sparkles?) a little more then fades out completely to black while a very quick seven note piano(or violin) melody plays to the now black background.

Clean, classy, simple and subtle. What do you think?

WarmFluffyUK said:
craigix said:
Done, it's quite subtle as it looked false if I made the pupils focusing more prominent. I have also made the pupils look more realistic as they were blue before.
Link

I don't think I will be able to do any more today as I'm not well at the moment and going back to bed.

My favourite. The only thing I would prefer is the pupils to constrict rather than dilate. To give the animation an 'edge'. You love the Pandora, not the other way round: it has the power!

Not pushing this as a serious suggestion, but I did like the look of the eyes on a black background. Once again because it seems more powerful and less 'Wii'!

Back