Official Promotion And/or Boot Animation/Jingle Thread.

TeaJunky said:
PoisonedV said:
oh great, now we have pandora girl, awesome pandora girl, angry panda, and '8 bit kid' all running for some made up 'avatar' or 'mascot' thing? why do you need one? its a gimmick, the pandora isn't about gimmicks. the people its being marketed to wont buy it for a gimmick.
If they want to sell a lot of units they should target more mainstream people. Which makes your point moot, because thats what they need is marketing gimmicks.

Uh, yeah, it IS a GAMING machine, amongst other capabilities.

Last edited by a moderator:
TeaJunky said:
PoisonedV said:
oh great, now we have pandora girl, awesome pandora girl, angry panda, and '8 bit kid' all running for some made up 'avatar' or 'mascot' thing? why do you need one? its a gimmick, the pandora isn't about gimmicks. the people its being marketed to wont buy it for a gimmick.
If they want to sell a lot of units they should target more mainstream people. Which makes your point moot, because thats what they need is marketing gimmicks.

it won't happen, either way. niche products will do best in their niche, like always, and the mass produced, financially backed by large corporations with 15 million dollar marketing budgets?
besides, look at that intro. it's basically advertising it's emulation capabilities. most of the people interested in that are at least aware of the pandora. the average consumer wants to buy all their games, and thats why it would never succeed as far as mainstream success goes.

im coming off as an ass hole, like usual, but i do like the animation and design, I just don't see the merit in this as a symbol of the pandora over the sleek and minimalist designs already shown, im fully in support of it being an add on, or extra theme, or even being an alternate option for gmenu and everything, but not as the default.

PoisonedV said:
it won't happen, either way. niche products will do best in their niche, like always, and the mass produced, financially backed by large corporations with 15 million dollar marketing budgets?
besides, look at that intro. it's basically advertising it's emulation capabilities. most of the people interested in that are at least aware of the pandora. the average consumer wants to buy all their games, and thats why it would never succeed as far as mainstream success goes.

im coming off as an ass hole, like usual, but i do like the animation and design, I just don't see the merit in this as a symbol of the pandora over the sleek and minimalist designs already shown, im fully in support of it being an add on, or extra theme, or even being an alternate option for gmenu and everything, but not as the default.
As so far as a mascot, I didn't necessarily mean that It had be incorporated into device. Keep in mind tho that the people involved intend there to be retail games made on the Pandora. Heck almost all of the Linux Distributions have had a mascot of sorts. Also It is probably not important to have a icon yet, game system/companies frequently have just picked up theirs over time, like mario or sonic, for nintendo and sega.

the Xbox, ps etc... all them have a boot animation and nobody says "please remove this, i need to boot up 5 seconds earlier"

I WANT an animation on my :pandora1:

+1 for the guys spending time on this

Thanks guys

NeORomani said:
the Xbox, ps etc... all them have a boot animation and nobody says "please remove this, i need to boot up 5 seconds earlier"

I WANT an animation on my :pandora1:

+1 for the guys spending time on this

Thanks guys
why? why not start with a simple, short, minimal one which people can change? why force a more cumbersome on people by default?

Of course i didnt mean everybody MUST have this by default

I mean if anyone wants to add an animation to their boot set up, we has the chance to do
If you dont want, its ok no problem

Greetings!

Could anyone be so kind as to link me with the Pandora Retro animation gif file as shown here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZUD2WOi3Cs

Thank you!

it's not a gif, it's an SWF
I watched this so many times when the guy first made it, it's so cute and awesome :)
I'm gonna watch it a few dozen times more.

Hmm how do I transfer this swf into gif form?
I would like to load it into my i8910, like what the guy did in that youtube video...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=swf+to+animated+gif ;)
I'm not sure how to get it to actually work though. I don't own an i8910, I just know that with one of the custom firmwares you can update the boot animation with a .gif (or something)

Back