Any Boot Animation Details?

kloplop321

Psychotic Trans-dimensional Being
Website
kloplop321.com
Just wondering because it came to my mind
look here
(made in like 10 mins)
Well, just wondering, I know the text will show up as it is booting, but I mean more than just Tux showing in the top left corner with a blue screen here.

explanations or comments? :)

I'd like a HD video of over exposed (white skin and very) blue eyes opening then a fade to white.

That's just my idea though, it might not happen.

I would like it better if instead of fading in it basically drew it's self, for example, fading in along the lines both end coming together at the top with a nice chime.

I think that would be nice. I always liked the gp32's. Just please have a way of disabling the sound, the gp2x was so annoying till I replaced that dumb boot sound. The Pandora wont have that problem though.

craigix said:
I'd like a HD video of over exposed (white skin and very) blue eyes opening then a fade to white.

The issue with that is that it would need to load the codec's for that and it would take some space on the person's memory card :p

Maybe(since this is linux) there could be custom boot animations :)

IceBerg303 said:
I would like it better if instead of fading in it basically drew it's self, for example, fading in along the lines both end coming together at the top with a nice chime.
that is kinda like what I did in my flash animation

zxxgp said:
That is cool!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread has boot animations for the bios, Pandora BIOS - Logo. It would be really nice if the linux boot logo could become a continuation of the bios logo.

The idea with the eyes is pretty cool. Whatever it is, it must be silent.

thanks flatmush :)
Then I think CraigX will be happy if someone did it :)
256 colors is enough to fit a white screen with eyes that open and fade out ;)
And of course I can always export my quick made Bios.
But again, thanks.

I found this, Which i think would be way cool for a startup animation. This is not mine, I am not the creator.

cateyesanimationyb5.gif

Trooper

Kloplop321 said:
look here
(made in like 10 mins)
Well, just wondering, I know the text will show up as it is booting, but I mean more than just Tux showing in the top left corner with a blue screen here.

Sick!! I love it!

Kloplop321 said:
craigix said:

The issue with that is that it would need to load the codec's for that and it would take some space on the person's memory card :p

Maybe(since this is linux) there could be custom boot animations :)

By "HD" do you mean 800x480?

I think that if it was a simple blue to white with eyes it could be done as a series of pictures, or maybe a simple picture with a rotating color pallete (like the windows 95/98 logo used)

joshwaan2k said:
Very nice Kloplop321 looks great :)

I so farking hyped for this handheld atm can't wait :)
Agreed!!

trooper said:
I found this, Which i think would be way cool for a startup animation. This is not mine, I am not the creator.

[image]

Trooper

Aaaaagh!!!

I don't know about eyes, it is like the Voodoo video card boxes all over again :lol:

My Voodoo 3 box was in my closet and it freaked me out with the creepy eyes. I don't think eyes is the best choice for a boot logo.

maybe that box, but it moves to the left corner and spills open, and then the lid extends across as the kernel is loading? (different from the boot splash, I am not sure if you could seamlessly match the two.)

craigix said:

I really like this idea and plan to make a mockup once I'm off the clock. My original idea was to make the padora's current logo spin (like I've made for my avatar) and open it's top door like a jack-in-the-box and have a bunch of media/game generic icons burst out with light. After much thought, I figured this extensive animation might become annoying to wait through during those reboots, so I'll mock your idea up later this evening time permitting.

trooper said:
Kefrens - Desert Dream?

Kloplop321 said:
look here
(made in like 10 mins)

Very cool!
That would work out really well!

Though I'd prefer the logo being smacked onto the screen then lighting up very brightly turning the screen white.
Still cool though.

The scary eyes should appear as the boot animation on Halloween, that would make a nice Easter Egg!

Infact, why not have a bunch of variations for different days like Google do?

And on April Fools, the Pandora can pretend to crash or something.

Back