Official Promotion And/or Boot Animation/Jingle Thread.

Mr.Gonzo

*implode*
Website
www.myspace.com
By the way , hi everybody , I've bin watching this site for a long time now without posting anything And i am one of the lucky ones who preordered.

I know there as bin a thread asking for boot animations but i thought a official one for not only booting but for promotion too would be nice !

I have made my own retro 8bit styled one :
Pandora Retro Animation V1, V2 ( With audio and jingle! )
HI RES retro anim V2 ( fixed sync problem )

Heres a serie of Logos by WarmFluffyUK:
1, 2, 3, 4, Retro

And here are the ones already uploaded :
Kloplops Pandora Boot
Banjeeds Blue eyes
Banjeeds Pandora Logo
WarmFluffyUKs Blue eyes V1, V2, V3, V4
Kloplops Pandora Logo
Banjeeds Green Eyes
Banjeeds Blue Eyes 2 V1, V2
WarmFluffyUKs Blue eyes + Logo
Eisners WW2 classics Pandora boot

Last edited by a moderator:
Good idea. My favourites are Banjeeds Blue eyes 2 V1, WarmFluffyUKs Blue eyes + Logo, and your own Pandora Retro animation! (looks great btw!)

What about a jingle tho? None of these have a catchy little tune, or cool sound to associate with them!

Yeah, I guess it is time to move onto sounds, I might be able to come up with something, but not at this current moment

fade said:
Good idea. My favourites are Banjeeds Blue eyes 2 V1, WarmFluffyUKs Blue eyes + Logo, and your own Pandora Retro animation! (looks great btw!)

What about a jingle tho? None of these have a catchy little tune, or cool sound to associate with them!
Agreed those are my favourites too. They are all good though.

Any ideas for a retro sounding jingle? B)

Hmmm.. hard call on the best out of them. Personally I think they all rock pretty hard :D
I would have to go for either Pandora Retro Animation or WarmFluffyUKs Blue eyes + Logo too, depending on what type the devs are looking for.
WarmFluffyUKs Blue eyes + Logo looks more mainstream/professional to me (like what you'd find on a computer built by Sony or Nintendo etc.) but Pandora Retro Animation says more about the Pandora console and the scene itself IMO.

Wookiee said:
They are all good though.
Yep, sorry i should have clarified that, they are all really well made! The ones i listed are just my own personal faves! :)

Retro Animation is Awesome!

I like Banjeed's Eyes V2 as well but I don't like the blur fade out. I wish it lasted just another 2 seconds longer

Tripmonkey_uk said:
WarmFluffyUKs Blue eyes + Logo looks more mainstream/professional to me (like what you'd find on a computer built by Sony or Nintendo etc.)

I don't know. That animation looks cheesy. Is that the "Old Movie" Filter from Windows Movie Maker? And the eyes look very sad. I prefer the exotic look of Banjeed's.

JMO

Gonzo,

I don't know how time consuming it would be, but could you add a couple of more consoles and show them flying into the box?

Your retro animation is great. I love the idea of eyes opening, but I don't like any of those much. They should be more flirty/sexy and maybe a bit to the side. Black & white?

Yeah I like that Retro animation too - they're all good work - the eyes are kinda cool to me but maybe a little creepy, it'd be nice to see the Pandora logo looking high res and really smooth...

Kloplops Pandora Boot and the retro one, are the only one I really like, but the retro animation is just not suitable imo.
Personally I wouldn't want any of those eyes, they are just too complex. I want a simple animation and not some sort of long intro or complex images.

Abstract boot screens are the best for gadgets like these, in my opinion.

Things like eyes are not only creepy to some, but can get old very quick.

Dosn't come across to me as a gaming handheld when you see eyes, more of a BUPA health advert on TV or something :p

OK I've said enough. I like the work gone into the eye boot animations though!

Back