Anticipate The New Video Here

Pickle said:
well an update on uae4all, controls are fixed, scaling is added, and I found it just happens the nub can move the cursor (since uae4all opens 2 joysticks if possible)
Cool did you add a direct doubling scaling mode too? Fractional sizes look ugly especially for text.

Does the nub work for mouse in analog mode (the harder you press, the faster it goes) or is it just all or nothing like a digital pad?

Looking forward to trying it.

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:
Did any games really use the 320*200 res? I thought they all used at least 320*220? Unless the games auto adjusted for the US market? I'm trying to remember if the Amiga had borders on games. Been a long time since I used a real one!

A quick google seems to confirm it, 320*240 seems to be the main Amiga game resolution.

http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=rKP&um=1&sa=1&q=amiga+games&btnG=Search&aq=f&oq=&start=0#start=0&imgtbs=z&imgw=320&imgh=240&tbo=1
That search could just be images that were cropped or scaled to that. NTSC was 320 x 200, PAL was more.

This is why options in the emu should allow for either straight doubling or 1:1 modes.

http://www.amigahistory.co.uk/resolute.html The HAM info is wrong here though The Max pallette of colors the Amiga had was 4096 not 256,000 - 16 million :rolleyes: HAM just allowed all 4096 to be displayed at once.

dsleaf67 said:
craigix said:
Mithrildor said:
Save mouse location (of the amiga) and save click location. Calculate the difference in height and width and insert that as mouse input and move the mouse at max speed.

Insert it where? The mouse does not have coords in memory in a standard place as far as I know, the mouse port is just read as a joystick.

Yes but it must be saved somewhere to draw it on the screen. You know when you press up, increment screen y coordinate of pointer right?

Yes, but there is no way to know where it is. You might as well try to add touch screen support to SNES games. It would be just as complex.

craigix said:
dsleaf67 said:
craigix said:
Mithrildor said:
Save mouse location (of the amiga) and save click location. Calculate the difference in height and width and insert that as mouse input and move the mouse at max speed.

Insert it where? The mouse does not have coords in memory in a standard place as far as I know, the mouse port is just read as a joystick.

Yes but it must be saved somewhere to draw it on the screen. You know when you press up, increment screen y coordinate of pointer right?

Yes, but there is no way to know where it is. You might as well try to add touch screen support to SNES games. It would be just as complex.

Point taken, however probably a bad example as at least one of the SNES emulators I've used does at least have mouse support. Then again its probably the complexity that only 1 SNES emulator works with mouse.

DaveC said:
craigix said:
Did any games really use the 320*200 res? I thought they all used at least 320*220? Unless the games auto adjusted for the US market? I'm trying to remember if the Amiga had borders on games. Been a long time since I used a real one!

A quick google seems to confirm it, 320*240 seems to be the main Amiga game resolution.

http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=rKP&um=1&sa=1&q=amiga+games&btnG=Search&aq=f&oq=&start=0#start=0&imgtbs=z&imgw=320&imgh=240&tbo=1
That search could just be images that were cropped or scaled to that. NTSC was 320 x 200, PAL was more.

This is why options in the emu should allow for either straight doubling or 1:1 modes.

http://www.amigahistory.co.uk/resolute.html The HAM info is wrong here though The Max pallette of colors the Amiga had was 4096 not 256,000 - 16 million :rolleyes: HAM just allowed all 4096 to be displayed at once.

I used this resolution issue as an excuse to play some Amiga, almost all the games from the 'golden age' which are from Europe run above 320*200, averaging about 320*240, using the whole display, this can be seen on google images in games like Superfrog, Alien breed etc.

Running these at 320*200 would cut off the bottom of the image. The emulator will be able to detect the correct screen size though, so it's ok. Anything up to 400*240 should double up perfectly, alas several very good games run at 320*256!

Back