Release Announcing Platform Game for Pandora

Hey this game looks amazing - are you using some cross-platform toolkit like Corona or Love or something?  (I'd use MOAI personally, but that's just me..)

Makes me wish I could find an artist willing to crank out such great content so I could put an engine into it ..

Hey there torpor,

no we dont use any of the kind. Everything is done by our programmer Fillius himself. Thanks for the kind words and sorry for the late answer.

You have it in your hands -> Your in control of it. All this downloading and streaming of games may have its pros but mostly people are pissed off by that. From a developers point of view you cant hide the fact that people tend to see your download as a lower quality product. Although its essentially the same thing, boxed versions will get more love.

*snip*

Just another thought ;) If we would box up our games they would not be copy protected so you could basically still decide to manage your stuff the way you like it.... without having to drag all your game cards with you :p
Still seems a little unusual in the Pandora-world, but I can't argue that I'm not more willing to pay more for something that comes through the post than something I can download, so I can see the logic. I'll be moving the game files to my normal SD cards and keeping the original as the backup soon as I get this one though.

Right the thought was to put the game on rather small sd cards.
How long does data last on SD cards before decaying?
Leave it to Binky for an open-ended question with NO possible solution.....what a hack. I love Binky....he's just so clueless.

Right the thought was to put the game on rather small sd cards.
How long does data last on SD cards before decaying?
Leave it to Binky for an open-ended question with NO possible solution.....what a hack. I love Binky....he's just so clueless.
"How long does data last on SD cards before decaying?"

That's what he wants us to decide that he said......oh my.

Merged for tidiness - Binky

Last edited by a moderator:
Assuming the internal circuitry (or controller, if there is one) doesn't fail.
Yeah, but controllers on hard disks can fail too. And CDs get naturally unreadable. And if you compare a HD and a SD Card, the actualy memory part in SD-card is not magnetic and therefore more reliable than that of a hard drive over the long term.  

Stop running away from the TRUTH. Who cares, what you said, just own up to it....

You all are attempting to answer a question that Binky decided to ask(?) after altering one of his his posts

I said his his.

Merged - Binky

This game looks really really good. I really enjoy the art style. Platforming type of games are some of my favorite and were my first video gaming experiences from Super Mario Bros. to Sonic the Hedgehog. 

Hey there! Long time no post! Breaking the silence with a little entry on our blog :)

Guess there should be a few here interested in this. Click the image below to get to the blog post.

I assume you did, although it was kind of unintentional. I must, propably to my shame, admit that I never watched the show and stole the phrase you refer to from the tvtropes article, which in turn took it from Quantum Leap's opening narration.
That aside, did you like the article? ;-)

Hi ;-)

I am most sorry. We havent been active in any forum lately and this is in fact the only one we posted a link to the blog post in. I left a short note in the topic you linked. Thank you for your continued interest.

I assume you did, although it was kind of unintentional. I must, propably to my shame, admit that I never watched the show and stole the phrase you refer to from the tvtropes article, which in turn took it from Quantum Leap's opening narration.

That aside, did you like the article? ;-)
Shortly after I made my post I was thinking "that was stupid, it was obviously a reference...I mean, c'mon, it is called 'RetroLeap'".  It is even better that it was unintentional.  Maybe a time traveler took over your body while you were typing and added it in as an inside joke. :p

I did like the article.  It was quite interesting.  I read the whole thing in one sitting.  I am looking forward to what you release.  I will try to give the requested feedback later.  I am not a real programmer, but I like some of the choices you made, even if I can't fully appreciate them.

Back