Jump N Blob

Fillius

Still Fresh
Hello dear Community ;-)

Today I would like to present to you our Jump and Run bearing the special name "Jump n Blob" ;-)
The project is still in a very early stage of development and our team is new at this. That is why high expectations
will most definitely not be met. Naturally we would like to gain as much feedback as possible. So we want to provide
an early Alpha-Demo for you ;-)

Screenshoots:

screenshot1.bmp
screenshot2.bmp

screenshot3.bmp
screenshot4.bmp

Description:

JnB is a typical Jump and Run
containing adventure elements
(Inventory, action battle system).
In the role of Blob, a small blue
and cute creature, it is your task
to save the Island of Malis.

Your fiends are the infamous Beastking and
his underlings. Now it is up to you. Rescue
your friends and your home or they will
be doomed ;-)

Download:

http://www.2d-retroperspectives.org/jump_n_blob.tar.gz

Thank you for all you coming comments ;-)

p.s.:

sorry for the bad english, we are from germany ;-)

the graphics look great so far, beside the draft boss stage :)
do you have a good gfx artist or you just ripped things? ;)

there never can be enough jump n run games, so go go go! (and good luck!)

Thank you for you comment.
I have a good gfx artist ;-) ;-)
All the graphics are original

Just finished it, was pretty fun. The graphics are nice, the animations are smooth. The controls felt good, I wasn't having trouble during the more difficult platforming bits. Controls were pretty good, though I had trouble jumping with b and getting over to A to smash someone a few times. Especially during the boss. Took me a few tries to beat him.

What does x do? the move that kind of shoots you forward a bit. I thought it was an attack but I got hurt every time I used it. XD

Good game, I hope you continue it. Interested to see the adventure elements, I like action adventure platformers.

Looks pretty great so far. The music is awesome. :eek:

The control scheme is sorta odd though. And yea, what does X do? With the help of that X move you can trigger some minor redraw glitch by the way. At the very beginning... before it scrolled to the right... do an X-move to the left. A gray bar on the left side of the screen will appear. If you go right and then back again it will disappear though.

Back