Beta Announcing GLBasic 3D Platformer "Reggie World" for Pandora

This game looks really neat! I barely just learned about it today. If you are still looking for a beta tester, I wouldn't mind helping you out.

Hello again,

I have made many changes to the game:
-Physics have been improved ( I hope so ).
-Ice has been added.
-Added a throwable ball ( and also improved general rolling objects behaviour ).
-Blocks can now change variables too.
-Events can now control lights.
-Electric charging system complete.
-Added blocks that fall when the player steps on them.
-A generic sequence played always when getting an item, has been added.
-MiniMap has been added.
-Area Names are now displayed when entering a map, as well as the coin record on that map.
-Skybox is now a skyCylinder.
-Textbox now writes text letter after letter.and dynamicall adapts to the text areas size.

As soon as the quest system is finished, I will send you all a new Beta.

Of course thera are some videos and screenshots that have not been posted before on this thread:

Unbenannt.jpg

Attachments

• Unbenannt.jpg
    Unbenannt.jpg
    545.8 KB · Views: 208
I completed the quest book system:
journalcap-png.27768

Events can activate any step of any Quest, if the last step is activated, the quest is complete and deleted from the quest log.
There are on Screen messages when a Quest has started, updated or finished.
I just need to update scripts, so the quests are really used by the game.
I think this should be finished by the end of tuesday.

Attachments

• journalCap.png
    journalCap.png
    298.2 KB · Views: 324
Just a small update post.

-Added a visual indication when Reggie can interact with something, an exclamation mark pops up above his head now.

-Made swimming less of a chore by giving Reggie extra speed and more uplift when he swims.

-Quest status messages will no longer overlap other status messages.

-Buying an item is now better indicated, after buying one item it pops up above Reggies head for a short period. Added buying sound effect also.

-Changed the way how water border walls are constructed ( improves the lighting on the water border walls ).

-Redesigned text boxes visually.

-Changed the save format for shop data, so updates on shops do not require the start of a new game anymore for those changes to take effect.

-Added some more convienience features to the map editor to speed up the map editing process.

-Fixed a bug where the Player couldnt generate walk momentum when he was standing on an inclining face and had contact with the map borders.

-Players momentum not longer resets instantly to walking momentum when you let go of the run button, it goes down smoothly now, giving the player more control over the speed of Reggie.

-Fixed a bug where correctly landing on enemys resulted in hurting reggie instead of the enemy ( When you resort to using magic numbers in some place it always will fire back at you
tongue.png
)

Here is a Video of the new Version, if you are interested in trying it out and give some Feedback over it, feel free to send me a PM.

Back