Release Announcing Platform Game for Pandora

Hello there,

thought we could do with a bit of an upgrade on things on here. There has been a lot of detailed work going on and the project is getting into shape more and more.

10258815_695820323796992_1893515815233065388_o.jpg

10258143_686146378097720_6299431920202096157_o.png

outer_wm_small.png

1900623_653658254679866_399986634_o.png

1518561_646900212022337_2023360110_o.png

As you can see the various environments of the game are developing good and fast. Because we are totally serious, things are being done with a lot of effort. We also posted a lot of character art during the last months in which you can see a bit of the development process.

1545728_648146188564406_884806161_n.jpg

484858_650588734986818_791885494_n.jpg

1958223_656431844402507_1545592917_n.jpg

1779195_659865224059169_193114916_n.png

1779045_662227497156275_1263809003_n.jpg

1538892_679142222131469_8740066673614917159_n.png

1530429_679653985413626_6815002738619850886_n.png

10312497_691006080945083_5965616286296788477_n.png

As we speak work continues. we spend every little free time we can manage on programming, graphics, game design, sfx and music for this project. Having done free homebrew titles before we know what we are doing. Its time consuming and mind robbing work but we love it to death. We are not going to say this is gonna be the perfect game, but definitely the best of our game dev efforts so far.

All we want of you is showing some support and we know the Open Pandora Scene is capable of that A LOT. Every reasonable criticism, every nice comment you can bring yourself to say, every information you can share and all the likes you can give are part of our fuel. You know how it is. Also remember your supporting 2 Projects here.

@Ziz:

First of all thanks for remembering the game at all ;) We do not take any pride in the developement on JnB which by now counts 5 years of age. We were just finishing school at that time and were just some game loving folks like everybody on here. Maybe with a bit more passion on the developement side. Although we took the reference to JnB, you have to understand that Reblobed has nothing to do with that game you played then. Not in the least! I have to underline this: NOT IN THE LEAST

Well have a great time everybody.

2D-RP-Team

Wow!  This looks like a PSvita game!  Just really awesome!  I'll definitely pay for a copy once it's done.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's really really good looking.

Please make a lot of upgrades and abilities for the main character :)

You might want to consider releasing for other platforms as well. The graphics look pretty good.

That artwork is amazing!

What license will the code and art be released under? When are you planning to release it? Are you planning to do just one release, or have some alpha/beta releases too?

Keep up the good work!

Hey guys =)

thank you for your charming feedback. This motivates us a lot ;)

Regarding the license of art and source:

We consider to release the source code under some open source license which allows full non-profit use. Probably GPL.

Art and assets would be under a more restricted license in order to allow us to make some profit from selling the game.

This is what we have in mind so far.

@klapse:

you mentioned a multi platform release. this is what we were going for right from the start. Platforms we target are of course the Pandora, Ouya and Sega Dreamcast. Other devices may be added to the list during dev process.

Thank you very much for your kindness and interest.

I'm currently working on getting homebrew games for classic consoles into my shop, so I'd be happy to sell your Dreamcast version as well :)

I would be happy to buy your Dreamcast version through EvilDragon's shop, assuming there was a physical version of the game.

These are some really nice graphics.  I've seen some projects where the game play was actually quite good, but the graphics dampened the experience.

I can't speak to the game play aspect of things, but if all reblobbed's graphics look like this, they certainly won't be a disappointment!

Edit: Removed "for an independent project".  They're great graphics period.

I'm currently working on getting homebrew games for classic consoles into my shop, so I'd be happy to sell your Dreamcast version as well :)
After finishing the game and getting a publisher for a retail version this would certainly be the greatest honor :) although there would have to be a boxed version for pandora and/or pyra as well thats for sure. Our sincerest respect for your work ED!

After finishing the game and getting a publisher for a retail version this would certainly be the greatest honor :) although there would have to be a boxed version for pandora and/or pyra as well thats for sure. Our sincerest respect for your work ED!
I agree and buy one too when ED have them ^_^

I will buy both Pandora and Dreamcast versions. Did you say boxed version for the pandora as well?  How to you box a rom?  On an sd card?

This looks amazing, I love platformers and this looks really polished. I want to play it.

My fav platform games are Mario Bros series, and Magical Hat Flying Turbo Adventure, I never get tired of playing those, either for a quick couple levels or for a couple hours.

This looks a great game, I too would get it for Pandora and Dreamcast.

That little fez wearing mummy character is brilliant, I'd have a print of him up on the wall :)

@Shenmue:

Right the thought was to put the game on rather small sd cards. The thing is, people love boxed stuff. Its because it gives you the feeling to really own something.

You have it in your hands -> Your in control of it. All this downloading and streaming of games may have its pros but mostly people are pissed off by that. From a developers point of view you cant hide the fact that people tend to see your download as a lower quality product. Although its essentially the same thing, boxed versions will get more love.

Furthermore there is another reason why microsoft, sony and nintendo box up there games. Its because they want to create an image of consistency. This gains them more trust among customers. Its a very small percentage of people who are comfortable with collecting in uknown areas of even more unkown products.

Well i think the question of yours was answered right at the start, so I am sorry for being a blabbermouth ^^° Essentially I just wanted to state that it might be an important move to have boxed products on consoles like pandora and pyra.  

PS:

Just another thought ;) If we would box up our games they would not be copy protected so you could basically still decide to manage your stuff the way you like it.... without having to drag all your game cards with you :p

Excellent!  Like you said, I, as a retro-gamer, always love to own stuff that is tangible, and a game "cartridge" and box art for the pandora is a novel idea.  Now I can tell people, see, pandora has game cartridge as well :)   Very nice!  When are you planning to release this game?

Back