Animation Test

Well, the engine looks especially suited to a virtua fighter style thing - the fighting effectively in 2 dimensions, but with the fighters automatically rolling through different perspectives in the background and such. And such a game on a GP would rock. 'Twould be a masssive undertaking, though.

Could also make a nice looking, and playing, platform game, though I imagine then you might run into issues in terms of how big a world the engine can manage...

Perhaps you should team up with the guy who's doing the mode7 racing game using that lovely looking voxel engine, using that for describing the world, and the 3D models for describing what happens in it, if you could find a way to interface the two.

However... Perhaps I'm making big suggestions too quickly. How about something simpler, like 3D Sokoban, to get started - that way there's very little in the way of models and textures needed (a box model and texture... someone to push the things... a big "X" tex on for use on the floor... and perhaps some walls). What's more, the game is quite a fun and challenging one, and you could quite possibly make it user extensible using a text file or .bmp tilemap to describe where the walls, floors, boxes, and places to get them to are. Which could be nice :). Better still, a game akin to Chip's Challenge in 3D, though that's getting ambitious again.

And that is, of course, leaving out simple maze games where the goal is to get from A to B, possibly collecting lots of item C on the way before the time runs out. Which could also be fun using this. Hell... add some ghosts and you've almost got PacMan :)

Oh - and chess could work nicely, too. Though dunno about that one...

Just a few suggestions - most of them, I soubt would be worth a shot yet. But who knows - maybe you want to give one of them a shot :)

could we see that chess?
and I think a 3d rpg like similar to metal gear is posable
could you make 3d world for this in the engine and then have the camera follow the guy around a 3d world for a simple demo?
sorry if thats not " simple "

out for a week or so,
~Octavious

Oh my god!!!: Amazing work! :eek: .
I think that you can make a lot of cool stuff with this engine.
Plattform game "Kolonoa style"
3D Puyo Puyo or 3D Arkanoid (for test this engine in a real game it can be great!) :lol:
3D Car game ;D
3D virtua fighter clone.... It's difficult to find 3D models.. i have been searching but i haven't found anithing.

Please, i hope more of your 3D demos...

Sorry for my poor english

Wow! Impressive! :blink:

A game with the gameplay in the way of MDK or Max Payne, would be awesome :D

Or better, to revive oldies, a 3D Probotector or Turrican game :)

--------

what about the RSD (PSX) format? can they be extracted from the files of the games?

i know that some kinda graphics can be extracted, but i remember nothing about RSD format

well, i will look about it ;)

--------

great work, man! :)

bye!

Yeah! This is the engine everibody was waiting for!!

Do you feel like releasing the source so everibody could try to make their ideas?

well, I'd love to see some kind of sonic adventure on my GP :p
but i think that's too much, so it would be great to have some kind of 3D action RPG, or a DOA fighting game like, or perhaps a car game.
what a nice work :D

i am :eek: :eek: :eek:

i think the best for the engine is a fighting game (soul blade :)

but i am waiting for a plataform game like mario 64 or similar :lol:

carmaggedon its a good idea but a rally game it good idea too

good work!!! i am impacient (¿?) for more news about the engine ^^

my apologizes for my english (i am spanish)

WOA! That's really a HUGE signature (nearly 1MB)

You should remove it or else 56k'rs are going to have a hard time loading the page...

amazing :eek: incredible :eek: ...
i think this engine must be used in an original idea, not in a remake of other game, and not in a tekken-like. a game with a solid script and good history, like a realtime roleplay... or a mech combat, something of new ideas, else this will be another [sokoban-tetris-streetfighter-etc...]-like.

what do you think about a mix of strategy game and survival horror???

PLEASE BE ORIGINAL!!!! :D

cheerz from spain

amazing :eek: incredible :eek: ...
i think this engine must be used in an original idea, not in a remake of other game, and not in a tekken-like. a game with a solid script and good history, like a realtime roleplay... or a mech combat, something of new ideas, else this will be another [sokoban-tetris-streetfighter-etc...]-like.

what do you think about a mix of strategy game and survival horror???

PLEASE BE ORIGINAL!!!! :D

cheerz from spain
You mean, Like Resident Evil. :rolleyes:

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
To get a truly original game, you probably have to take a concept and then add it to something from the other side of the board.

E.g.
Action + Chess = Action Chess
- Played on a chessboard with chess pieces that move with the same restrictions as chess pieces normally have
- Both players can only move one piece at once (e.g. tab between them with L/R)

Hacking + Tetris = Hackertris
- Break into foreign govenments' computers using l33t hacker skills.
- Don't shoot ICEs down with weapons - instead play them at Tetris until they get confused and crash
- Steal information from the computers and sell it on the black market to upgrade your tetris board to be able to get more pieces, additional functions like dropping instantly, and specials to cause penalties for the ICEs you're playing against.

Platform + The way rain looks on windows = Save Our Drops
- Play an errant raindrop named "Plib" who wants to stay separate from all the other raindrops, and only has so much surface tension to do it
- The platforms are drops, but the drops can and will run into one another
- Aim is to get plib away from the rest of the water!

Just a couple of examples of completely random - but, I think, actually original - games. Though probably none of them would be very much use for this kind of engine. Except maybe actionchess, which could actually be a lot of fun :)

Back