Jump - X
Magic attack - B
Rotate Runes - A

To Do
-----
- Change the selector from yellow to something more darker
- Get the music working
- Fix the control menu so users can self select their own control configs

I've also put this on the archives but the datafiles probably won't be there yet, so here's your link:

Zoids Quest2X

Enjoy!

Oh and could some F200 users test this, I've put it as F100 but I don't know if F200 users can play this.

Thanks.

Something else I forgot to mention.

These levels are written in xml. The original game had a level editor which I had to take out of the GP2X version (it was a headache), you should be able to make some levels and plug them into the game. But I'll check on that, as I only remember seeing 4 levels and there are supposed to be 6 including the test one.

Very original graphics, i will test it :)

Thank you for the game ;)

When you said Zoids Quest, I immediately thought of whatever that Zoids game for GBA was (as in giant robots). Also, there was another old game called Zoid that was made by a father of one of the people that worked on Futurama (which is where they got the name Zoidberg).

Nice start, I'm looking forward to future versions :)

The controls are a bit troublesome, I suggest mapping diagonals to sideways moving, that will improve things a lot for F100 users. I was also unable to get off the ladder after climbing to the top, I couldn't walk nor jump to the nearby platform, is there some trick to it?

The graphics are indeed original and they look quite good even scaled.

The controls are a bit troublesome, I suggest mapping diagonals to sideways moving, that will improve things a lot for F100 users.

Do you mean:

UP + LEFT = LEFT
DOWN + LEFT = LEFT?

I was also unable to get off the ladder after climbing to the top, I couldn't walk nor jump to the nearby platform, is there some trick to it?

Yeah, there is a little knack to it. Make sure that when you climb the ladder you are at the furthest edge. Start climbing and once you reach the top press the direction you want to go (left or right), press up again (the pressing left/right at the top of the ladder and pressing up have to be done in quick succession to edge your way to get off the ladder and onto the plaform) and start over.

It's messy but works, although once I fix the diagonals the ladder problem shouldn't be too bad.

namco said:
Do you mean:

UP + LEFT = LEFT
DOWN + LEFT = LEFT?
Yes, exactly!

Thanks for the ladder tip, I'll give it a try.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back