Animated Wallpapers

ThaDSman

I was wanting to know if it is possible to have animated wallpapers for the Pandora.
Now when I say Animated Wallpapers, I mean either looping gif images and looping videos (10-20 seconds) and using them as wallpapers. I've been using animated wallpapers on my computer for a while now, using VLC player. But I realize it uses directx, is there a way too make it work with the pandora like maybe an OpenGL ES version? Or some other alternative? Would it uses a lot of resources, thusly slowing down the machine considerably?

Also for those interested here's a great site for animated wallpapers.
If you know of any others please post! I especially like abstract art, like fractals transforming, blue smoke (like the Luxe dreamscape), and neon colors on black and stuffs like that. So if you have any of that kind of stuff please let me know.

O yeah, and sometimes they don't look all that great on my machine, because I have to bring down the videos resolution to 320x240 for them to work(otherwise I get a black wallpaper), although I do have an extremely old and weak machine. What do you think would be the max resolution for the videos on the Pandora?

....hmm that was kinda long....
Thank you for your time :D ,or sorry for wasting it :p

..Wow. well thanks for killing it all for me...
How much battery life are we talking?
And would those dsp codecs I heard so much about help?
Or are they not released yet?

Code:
./xwinwrap -ni -fs -s -st -sp -b -nf -- mplayer -wid WID -quiet -vo gl2:yuv=2 -ao null '/path/to/video' -loop 0
I use "-vo gl2:yuv=2" because it gets the best performance on my R500 card. The pandora might perform better with Xv or plain GL2. It's something you'll have to test. The yuv=2 option by the way, means mplayer will use a fragment program to convert yuv space.

EDIT: pic
2ryln47.png

Attachments

• 2ryln47.png
    2ryln47.png
    1,011.7 KB · Views: 109
Back