Pandora Wallpaper Thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
at first i was like "wow, thats out of line" but then i saw that it was teh nordic logo you created, and that seems ok to me.

Pandora_Desktop.jpg

Pandora_Desktop_2.jpg

Couple of quickies for ya.

darkowl: holy shit, and that from a new member. most are too busy asking "how i mine 4 fish"
it looks great, but the logo and the dragons do not go together. maybe turn each one into its own design?

also, Wheremyarm, do you think you could make more of those with other 8/16bit characters?

I'd like to see a 3d version with a new twist of the amiga kickstart screen with the pandora logo on it and maybe with a black background instead of white. There was one used on one of the pandora videos posted a while back. I thought it looked cool. Would do one myself but I haven't a clue where to start with adobe.

i have a question, will video wallpapers be feasible or would it eat the battery too much?

Striker21 said:
greendots, do you use 3DS Max with a light-tracer for rendering?
No, its just blender with ambient occlusion

video wallpapers should be possible with x11 maybe not kdrive. Dont know how much is too much, but you will be using the dsp and cpu so it will defiantly be less

greendots said:
For any one who would like to use it, I rendered the logo at 5000x1200 pixels. Its a less-than-200k PNG file made in blender. Its not perfect but Ill try to release the svg as soon as I find a way to export it from blender.

Click here to go to Picasa Page

Then select download from the menu to have the full resolution (5000x1200) png.

-----

My 3D Pandora Wallpapers

Can you make a 1680x1050 version of the diagonal 3D one?

I am going to go through tomorrow or Thursday and edit into the post links to each background posted in here, as mine is like the 5th post, but you are right under me at 6th post PoisonedV if you want to do it instead.

PoisonedV said:
also, Wheremyarm, do you think you could make more of those with other 8/16bit characters?
I probably could, they take a little while but now that I've done those two they should go faster. I dunno, if there's enough interest I could make a request thread/poll or something, what do you guys think?

Back