Pandora Wallpapers Mega Pack

dflemstr

It's a ball.
Website
Visit site
I've taken all of the wallpapers (there are a total of 176) and put them in one single ZIP, for your convenience.

2qamh77.png28v6n4g.png

It's just a complete dump of all images; they are of course of varying quality and so on. I've remastered (in the case of JPEGs) and recompressed (in the case of PNGs) some of them, but they should be largely unchanged. Almost all of them have higher resolutions available on the site; just search for the image names. Most of them come from this thread. If you can't find your own wallpapers in this pack, please upload them to the site to have them included in the next pack (which I might release whenever I feel like it).

And now the usual legal mumbo-jumbo:
  • I don't hold the copyright for these images; their creators do.
  • I'm not to be held responsible for any copyright infringements the images cause, nor what you choose to do with them.
  • They are provided on an as-is basis, and the users who uploaded them are responsible for their distribution.

Thanks to atomicthumbs for the mirror.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, I need to take the time to look through those! I think this should be part of some sort of official download for the Pandora. This is what we're about, look what the community did there!
[rant]We funded, designed, engineered, manufactured, and will soon complete an impressive handheld game console + computer(UMPC at that!) + PDA + PMP and so much more...
The wallpapers are a simple sampling of the power of our little community, they deserve to ship with the Pandora!
I'm still awed!
End of line.
[/rant]

Does the Pandora come with an SD card, and if so, would it be feasible to put these on there?

atomicthumbs said:
It's dangerous to go alone! Take this: http://bunnitude.com/misc/files/PandoraWallpapers.zip
Well, it's not like the drop.io guys have limited bandwidth but thanks anyways! :D

Aww, too bad, just uploaded another two images and updated my first one (which had a pretty annoying colour error -.-)... guess I have to wait for the next pack to get them included.

foxblock said:
Aww, too bad, just uploaded another two images and updated my first one (which had a pretty annoying colour error -.-)... guess I have to wait for the next pack to get them included.
Not necessary; your images are already included.

dflemstr said:
foxblock said:
Not necessary; your images are already included.

Ah great! Just downloaded it, guess I was right on time :D

Ishimaru said:
Cool pictures man. Are there going to be more?
Well, these pics are the result of the "Pandora wallpaper community effort" (in lack of an official name), so I guess you'll have to ask all of the artists on the board to get an answer!

Ishimaru said:
Cool pictures man. Are there going to be more?

Only in an open source community could somebody be provided with 176 wallpapers and feel the need to ask for more :p

I don't think putting them in the firmware is a good idea, seeing as it'll take up space where more important things reside, like, say, the operating system...
But if we were to ship them on an SD card with the Pandora, that would work out way better.

chickendung said:
I thought all these were going to be built-in to the firmware, but it's good to have them available just in case.

however they are due to be packaged, perhaps on an accompanying CD?, not all wallpapers are likely to be included - only those that OP choose.

I wouldn't be surprised if a few choice ones were included on the NAND. A couple hundred K shouldn't matter much, and it'll help make things "feel" a little nicer by giving the illusion of customization out of the box. :)

Back