Android gingerbread in a pnd?

I'm loged in with my account. Have installed the latest Google apps.

The other problem, I mentioned before is that all downloads stop, because there are not enough storage.

For reference, N900 build.prop attached.

build.prop.txt

Attachments

• build.prop.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 171
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm loged in with my account. Have installed the latest Google apps.

The other problem, I mentioned before is that all downloads stop, because there are not enough storage.

For reference, N900 build.prop attached.
can you not increase storage at first install ie 1.9GB instead of 150mb

cazmiester that does not work, even with 1gb storage it still says not enough space when i try to download solitare

I installed the slideme marketplace, it installs all my apps on the SD card I have in the other SD slot. I would think it would do the same on the real market place.

Perhaps the second SD card doesn't have enough room? assuming you have one..

Internal storage is 409MB (87MB used). SD card has 7,2 GB (378 MB used). Memory isn't the problem.

I installed the slideme marketplace, it installs all my apps on the SD card I have in the other SD slot. I would think it would do the same on the real market place.

Perhaps the second SD card doesn't have enough room? assuming you have one..

yes slideme works fine but the marketplace doesnt.

Out of curiosity, would it be possible to put this as a Pandora boot option along with XFCE and MiniMenu? I don't even have my Pandora at the minute (it's in for repairs), and not sure if I personally would do that. Was just wondering, as some people might like the Pandora to boot straight into Android...

It probably is possible but lack of space on band wouldn't help, if you boot from sd anyway then that could work, don't know how though.

Out of curiosity, would it be possible to put this as a Pandora boot option along with XFCE and MiniMenu? I don't even have my Pandora at the minute (it's in for repairs), and not sure if I personally would do that. Was just wondering, as some people might like the Pandora to boot straight into Android...

Android is an entire OS, not just a DE/GUI like MiniMinu and XFCE are. More importantly, there is currently around 100 MB of free space on the NAND normally, and Android is barely useful with 150 MB; plus, you don't want to fill up the NAND completely.

So the best possibility if/when Android becomes bootable on its own is to either put it on an SD card (best choice, I think) or replace the Pandora OS with it completely (not very useful, since AFAIK Android can only handle one SD card anyway, and it's also nowhere near as good as the regular OS).

In any case, though, I think Android needs some polish before it's ready to boot on its own as an alternative OS. It's cool for games right now, but e.g. the battery indicator doesn't indicate the actual battery level and the Wi-Fi of the Pandora is always left on.

Android is an entire OS, not just a DE/GUI like MiniMinu and XFCE are. More importantly, there is currently around 100 MB of free space on the NAND normally, and Android is barely useful with 150 MB; plus, you don't want to fill up the NAND completely.
Yeah, I wasn't thinking of putting it on the NAND, just have the PND on the card, and in the GUI Options config, you have one pointing to "run_pnd <sd/android.pnd>"

Like I said, was only pondering ;)

Yeah, I wasn't thinking of putting it on the NAND, just have the PND on the card, and in the GUI Options config, you have one pointing to "run_pnd <sd/android.pnd>"

Like I said, was only pondering ;)

That's what you can already do yourself with the config-file :)

How come mame4droid reloaded works on these cheap chinese knockoffs and the pandora wont install it? anyone had any luck with other android emus?, Ps love the music player here so much better than pandora builds simplicity is best.

How come mame4droid reloaded works on these cheap chinese knockoffs and the pandora wont install it? anyone had any luck with other android emus?, Ps love the music player here so much better than pandora builds simplicity is best.

Because this is a very early version of Android which isn't running as the default OS would be my guess.

Because this is a very early version of Android which isn't running as the default OS would be my guess.

Gingerbread is currently the mainstream release of android, it's on most of the devices out there.. Honeycomb and Ice-cream sandwich hasn't really hit as many devices yet..

Most of the Angstrom services are shutdown when this launches, My guess it's just a matter of tweaking things to find the performance issues.. It would have the same issues if it was booting by itself. Also It's a freely availble version of Android, so my guess a bit of commercial tweaks done by big manufacturers are missing from this.

Strange i have a jxd s7100 and could swear blind its gingerbread on it

I don't think he means version of android version.. think he means like beta version of the port

Edit: Android supports any number of mount points. I know for a fact it can do 2 SD cards and a USB hdd at once because its what I use on my transformer.

Back