... and production still is reliable and moving forward :) (2012-05-11)

That they need to be financed is no secret either, it was stated in an official newspost about the plan I made up... that was about August / September last year.
That's why I can't understand why Craig said what he did isn't it? Why the hell do you think I find this so damn confusing??

It really shouldn't be that hard to get a straight answer for a simple question without having people throwing useless facts at you or trying to change the subject <_<

What exactly did he say?

He gave an estimation that was realistically possible as well, and while everything is working nicely, it is and had always been an estimation.

If we just said "Well.... we don't know", then you would've probably complained that we don't say anything, but doing assumptions and estimations also doesn't seem to be okay for you.

So how exactly can we please you?

Does it confuse you if the weather forecast tells you it'll rain and then in the end it won't?

That's why I can't understand why Craig said what he did isn't it? Why the hell do you think I find this so damn confusing??

It really shouldn't be that hard to get a straight answer for a simple question without having people throwing useless facts at you or trying to change the subject <_<

However, as it's 'ask craig questions', I'm quite sure they are hidden to allow me to answer the question.

I don't have a final number as any faulty board returns increase the number of outstanding units, and there have been 100+ returns since Christmas for various issues.

I believe Ed has shipped me about 135 new units, so the number outstanding is about ~700-800 units. The 1Ghz sales are going to allow us to eat in to this faster than expected. I believe I estimated October as the month where they would be clear, it may well now be sooner.

Thanks,

Craig

However, as it's 'ask craig questions', I'm quite sure they are hidden to allow me to answer the question.

I don't have a final number as any faulty board returns increase the number of outstanding units, and there have been 100+ returns since Christmas for various issues.

I believe Ed has shipped me about 135 new units, so the number outstanding is about ~700-800 units. The 1Ghz sales are going to allow us to eat in to this faster than expected. I believe I estimated October as the month where they would be clear, it may well now be sooner.

Thanks,

Craig

Link for president!

What exactly did he say?

He gave an estimation that was realistically possible as well, and while everything is working nicely, it is and had always been an estimation.

If we just said "Well.... we don't know", then you would've probably complained that we don't say anything, but doing assumptions and estimations also doesn't seem to be okay for you.

Does it confuse you if the weather forecast tells you it'll rain and then in the end it won't?
Craig posted on a forum which was started by a guy asking the question "how much more time until the first batch is shipped?" and he replied "The end of May is possible, depends if production gets up to speed next week".

What I want to know is why? Why tell someone that pre-orders might be shipped if he knew for certain that they there wouldn't be enough units to fill pre-orders until more new orders had been filled.

@Link- Why did you post that when it has nothing to do with what were talking about? :mellow:

Last edited by a moderator:
What exactly did he say?

Craig posted on a forum which was started by a guy asking the question "how much more time until the first batch is shipped?" and he replied "The end of May is possible, depends if production gets up to speed next week".

What I want to know is why? Why tell someone that pre-orders might be shipped if he knew for certain that they there wouldn't be enough units to fill pre-orders until more new orders had been filled.

@Link- Why did you post that when it has nothing to do with what were talking about? :mellow:

Maybe Craig was answering with respect to the original poster, who ordered on Oct. 1, 2008, which is early in the queue. It's feasible that guy could've gotten his pandora by now if it weren't for the premium upgrade queue.

for the financement problems, can we hope that CC (the initial cause of all the problems) is not forgotten to refund the payment for a part of the prejudices.

You are aware that we had more than enough orders until about two weeks ago?

We just started selling Pandoras from stock two weeks ago... until then, it was all new preorders.

So how could Craig have known over a month ago how many orders we'll have?

So how could Craig have known over a month ago how many orders we'll have?
Are you kidding me? you've just stated in this thread that..

Up until one month ago, GC was still working on optimizing the production process and tweak the PCB production, that's why we could only get 100 Pandoras per week.
How couldn't he know how many units you would get?

When he was talking about end of May, it was in the future.

Sales were higher than the production could produce, and all we knew was that they were gonna speed up soon.

How could he have known back then how many units he'd REALLY get?

It would have been a better idea to not say an ETA then.. Its stupid having false hope thrown at us then been asked to either pay more or buy the next model which is not what they want. It's going to be an endless paradigm.

It would have been a better idea to not say an ETA then.. Its stupid having false hope thrown at us then been asked to buy something else. It's going to be an endless paradigm.

Well they have to say something, or else people start whining about when itl be done.

It would have been a better idea to not say an ETA then.. Its stupid having false hope thrown at us then been asked to either pay more or buy the next model which is not what they want. It's going to be an endless paradigm.
Exactly.

Well they have to say something, or else people start whining about when itl be done.
People will always whine about something or other but if you give false hope to people like that it tends to make them angry. What would you prefer on the forums?

Man ill be happy when all the original preorders are sent out and finished.Then Ed and craig won't be beholden to us so to speak and OP can move forward.

I already said that, but i hope the last pre-orderer to be shipped will have an extra gift ^^.

I hope you guys keep getting plenty of fresh orders :) I would advertise to my friends, but i'm not on that many huge forums. Once i order mine, i'll definitely make an unboxing of it though.

I already said that, but i hope the last pre-orderer to be shipped will have an extra gift ^^.
You did?somewhere in the thread maybe? What about Craig coming round and hand delivering the last pandora in person as a gift.8am ring ring.Damn who the f..k is at the door at this hour!Ill give him a piece of my...Mr rothwell...um Sir...Hi Craig here! Ive got your pandora! Jaw drops...Um do you have a plug I could use?My leaf seems to be out of Juice!The end.

Back