Release Amiga UAE4ALL

Keyboard - Minus key problem

I installed the latest version of uae4all and ran into a strange problem

In the game gunship I need the MINUS key for the game.

In the previous version I used Fn+D without any problems. It worked perfectly

In the new version this does not work anymore. Even on the virtual keyboard (L +k) by pressing the virtual minus, it does not work anymore...

I went one step further and assigned the Minus key to a pandora button using the new custom control config and it does not work either

Strange thing is that when booting workbench and when I just type, I am able to put a minus on screen using all of the above methods.

I tried different versions of the game. Rebooted etc.. nothing helped...

Installing my old version of uae4all on the pandora solves the problem and works like a charm

Are not all amiga Minus keys the same ? (like minus on numeric pad vs normal) ??? Has anything changed ?

I have just tried installing this new (nubs) version, and after the no kick.rom message i close it and go to add the kick.rom to the UAE4ALL folder in appdata, but there is nothing there.. what am i supposed to do now ?? (i have already tried deleting/reinstalling & running the pnd multiple times)

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember when the first nubs version was posted I had to manually create an appdata folder called uae4all_nubs, and copied my kickstart files into there also (leaving my adf's where they were, coz it's easy enough to navigate across anyway). Hope this helps :)

In the new version this does not work anymore. Even on the virtual keyboard (L +k) by pressing the virtual minus, it does not work anymore...

I went one step further and assigned the Minus key to a pandora button using the new custom control config and it does not work either

Strange thing is that when booting workbench and when I just type, I am able to put a minus on screen using all of the above methods.

Installing my old version of uae4all on the pandora solves the problem and works like a charm

Are not all amiga Minus keys the same ? (like minus on numeric pad vs normal) ??? Has anything changed ?

I'm sure that num-pad - and keyboard minus are definitely different. I know that the numbers on the num-pad are different from the numbers on the keyboard.

If you can use the minus key in workbench it may indicate a compatibility issue, is there any way you could try another version of the Gunship rom?

I have just tried installing this new (nubs) version, and after the no kick.rom message i close it and go to add the kick.rom to the UAE4ALL folder in appdata, but there is nothing there.. what am i supposed to do now ?? (i have already tried deleting/reinstalling & running the pnd multiple times)

Did you have an older UAE4ALL_nubs version previously installed? e.g. you deleted the UAE4ALL_nubs folder and then run the new version so that it will create a new UAE4ALL_nubs folder in appdata?

I had the this problem when creating the PND, while I was testing it, I noticed it would not create a new folder in Appdata. I thought it was to do with my PND, I PM'd and he confirmed that it could be that empty folders are being automatically removed by pnd_run.sh

I never did get the bottom of it, mainly because i appeared to be the only one with the problem (that I know about anyway) and I have reflashed since then.

Did you have an older UAE4ALL_nubs version previously installed? e.g. you deleted the UAE4ALL_nubs folder and then run the new version so that it will create a new UAE4ALL_nubs folder in appdata?

I had the this problem when creating the PND, while I was testing it, I noticed it would not create a new folder in Appdata. I thought it was to do with my PND, I PM'd and he confirmed that it could be that empty folders are being automatically removed by pnd_run.sh

I never did get the bottom of it, mainly because i appeared to be the only one with the problem (that I know about anyway) and I have reflashed since then.

Thanks,

Strangely the folder now seems to be there..?? but i have an issue with the kickrom's that i've tried (none work) i am trying to use the ones included in Amiga Forever (are these OK?) but don't know which ones to use & what to rename them to (there are lots of different ones such as: amiga-os-110.rom, 120.rom, 130.rom and so on) can anyone tell me definitively which rom to use & how exactly it has to be named (some of the advice on the forums is a little confusing, to say the least)

Thanks.

EDIT:

Just noticed the arora-browser.org folder & Trolltech.conf file in the uae4all folder.. what are they ??

Thanks,

Strangely the folder now seems to be there..?? but i have an issue with the kickrom's that i've tried (none work) i am trying to use the ones included in Amiga Forever (are these OK?) but don't know which ones to use & what to rename them to (there are lots of different ones such as: amiga-os-110.rom, 120.rom, 130.rom and so on) can anyone tell me definitively which rom to use & how exactly it has to be named (some of the advice on the forums is a little confusing, to say the least)

Thanks.

Hi

The kick rom should be named Kick.rom by default.

Thanks,

Thanks.

Hi

Thanks.. seems to work now

EDIT:

Spoke too soon.. tried several games Alien Breed 2, Speedball 2, Chaos Engine, Turrican 2 (All work on my PC emulator) and all i get is a black screen.. they have to be .adf & in the UAE4ALL roms folder.. right??

I do hope this emu is worth the hassle i'm having trying to set it up.

What happens if you run the emulator with the kick. Rom you ate using but do insert an ADF file? Do you get Blue Amiga disk screen?

The games you list work fine with my version, so it does sound kick.rom related.

If you are a big Amiga fan like I am, then it is definitely worth the hassle!

Thanks,

Thanks.

Hi

EDIT:

Spoke too soon.. tried several games Alien Breed 2, Speedball 2, Chaos Engine, Turrican 2 (All work on my PC emulator) and all i get is a black screen.. they have to be .adf & in the UAE4ALL roms folder.. right??

Hi

Seems I double posted and info in this post was incorrect, see post further down, sorry.

OK thanks for the response..

Don't think i will bother with this just yet, a little too awkward for me.. think i will wait for it to be streamlined/improved, i can play everything just fine on Amiga Forever..

Alien Breed 2 and Chaos Engine are available for Amiga 500, too. They work fine on UAE4All.

Thanks,

Thanks.

Hi

EDIT:

Hi

Use this site it may help - http://hol.abime.net - you can type the name of the name or use the alphabet directory.

Stick to games that for Amiga 500 most will work but there are loads that do not in emulation on Pandora, anything AGA is no go.

Even the Amiga 500 had different kickstarts as it progressed and when kickstart 2 came along lots of kickstart 1.3 games would not work.

Amiga emulation is not an exact science as it used specialized chips for sound, graphics etc that took the work

away from the CPU, that is why it is a hard machine to emulate.

PC Amiga emulation is way further down the line than Mac and even further than Pandora, and that is why those

games run on the PC emulator.

I would even go as far as saying to say that Amiga emulation on any machine is not that user friendly.

I'm sure that num-pad - and keyboard minus are definitely different. I know that the numbers on the num-pad are different from the numbers on the keyboard.

If you can use the minus key in workbench it may indicate a compatibility issue, is there any way you could try another version of the Gunship rom?

I tried different versions. They all have the same problem. All these different versions work fine on my old uae4all and even in the new Euae but are not really playable there because of other keyboard and joystick issues.

I even loaded the same adfs on my pc winuae and they work fine...

I will try to map the num-pad minus to a pandora key. Maybe they are swapped. Will post results

EDIT continued

just assigned numpad minus and 'regular' one to the shoulder buttons no effect...

Wil try to find out other software to check this problem out....

It is strange that the minus key works fine in workbench but not in Gunship

John4p - any ideas?

It is strange that the minus key works fine in workbench but not in Gunship

John4p - any ideas?

Just tried another program f18 interceptor. The minus and equal keys are used to thrust up and down...

Same problem here = equal keys works to throttle up

- minus key does not work to throttle down

In the cli window that shows up when the game boots I am able to produce a minus with the keyboard...

In game it does not work. The older version of uae4all did not have this problem

Note you can assign "numpad MINUS" and "minus" in the menu. Did you try "minus"?

Back