Release Amiga UAE4ALL

Hi

Seeing as we are all the testers on this.

I have a game (Ishar The Legend Of The Fortress) that at the start it all loads OK until

a screen for selecting the language appears. Choose 1, 2, 3 etc depending on the language

required.

It stops working at this point - I want 1, so bring up virtual keyboard, operate the 1 key - nothing.

Is this just that the game does not work in the emulator ? Or a virtual keyboard problem ?

Sorry, virtual keyboard is broken in this version. Tonight it'll be fixed again.

As an alternative you can press 1/2/3 on your Pandora's real keyboard. ;)

Sorry, virtual keyboard is broken in this version. Tonight it'll be fixed again.

As an alternative you can press 1/2/3 on your Pandora's real keyboard. ;)

Hi

Using the Pandoras 1/2/3 does not work either so I assume the game just does not work :(

See what happens when the virtual keyboard is fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Cas, I tested it too and can't get past the language select screen either. I know why though - you need to be able to use the numerical keypad keys to select the language. The UAEALL compatibility list confirms this

http://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en&key=0AuBR5X_s_5_idG92ZVQ5cEs4ZEhYTm5sSjFIcl83U2c&hl=en&gid=8

john4p is looking at a fix for the virtual keyboard

This game also only works with one drive

Hope that helps

Hi

Thank you very much for the compatability list, did not know that existed :)

I have calmed down now after all the releases and just to make it clear that I do appreciate what is being done with the

emulator :)

Hi Cas, I tested it too and can't get past the language select screen either. I know why though - you need to be able to use the numerical keypad keys to select the language. The UAEALL compatibility list confirms this

http://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en&key=0AuBR5X_s_5_idG92ZVQ5cEs4ZEhYTm5sSjFIcl83U2c&hl=en&gid=8

john4p is looking at a fix for the virtual keyboard

This game also only works with one drive

Hope that helps

Hi

Just downloaded the latest update, and the virtual keyboard now works and Ishar The Legend Of The Fortress now loads :)

Thanks John4p :)

Are there any games that require overclocking above tge recommended 600mhz? I'm trying to play First Samurai, but the frame rate drops very low in game?

Does anyone know if there any plan for this to support the kickstart roms used from Cloanto's Amiga Forever? If it already does, where does the key file path get set?

Apologies if this question belonged somewhere else.

Does anyone know if there any plan for this to support the kickstart roms used from Cloanto's Amiga Forever? If it already does, where does the key file path get set?

Apologies if this question belonged somewhere else.

Hi

Never used the Cloanto ones, well not knowingly anyway, but here is where they go.

The kickstarts should be in - pandora/appdata/uae4all/kickstarts/

The kickstart naming convention for UAE4ALL is kick**.rom

So if you are using kickstart 1.3 it would be named kick13.rom

If the path does not get set on first bootup then just create it.

Are there any games that require overclocking above tge recommended 600mhz? I'm trying to play First Samurai, but the frame rate drops very low in game?

Hi

I would think a quite a few games from the Amiga games releases would need overclocking.

I think It Came From The Desert is one I have heard of that runs better overclocked, and Xeneon II Megablast which

I tried last would gain from overclocking as it ran quite sluggish.

This site will help you get games running, not a lot in there about overclocking, but as I say there are games that will gain.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en&key=0AuBR5X_s_5_idG92ZVQ5cEs4ZEhYTm5sSjFIcl83U2c&hl=en&gid=0

Another site which you may find of interest - http://amiga-manuals.xiik.net/

Thanks Cas, I'll give that a go then this afternoon after work, oddly enough I've the reverse problem with Second Samurai, it runs too fast to be playable (unless the game itself was actually too fast, think I only ever played the demo version back in the day!). Have you tried out the new Miggy emu?

Thanks Cas, I'll give that a go then this afternoon after work, oddly enough I've the reverse problem with Second Samurai, it runs too fast to be playable (unless the game itself was actually too fast, think I only ever played the demo version back in the day!). Have you tried out the new Miggy emu?

Hi

Yesterdays release works fine for me :)

Hi

Should have been more specific methinks about which emu I meant, there's a beta of a E-Uae ported linked from the forums? ;)

Hi

Should have been more specific methinks about which emu I meant, there's a beta of a E-Uae ported linked from the forums? ;)

Hi

Sorry thought you meant UAE4ALL latest release.

Ah you mean P-UAE that emulates the 1200, I have given it a whirl bit it is real beta and not really worth it at the moment.

It has not been touched or updated for months. I wish somebody would get it going because if they can get it going it would

I think it would be better than UAE4ALL.

Ah you mean P-UAE that emulates the 1200, I have given it a whirl bit it is real beta and not really worth it at the moment.

It has not been touched or updated for months. I wish somebody would get it going because if they can get it going it would

Hi Cas, I think they were referring to EUAE, which was released to beta this morning I believe, not PUAE :

EUAE Port

Hi Cas, I think they were referring to EUAE, which was released to beta this morning I believe, not PUAE :

EUAE Port

Hi

Yes just found it, as I said before in another thread these different ports and releases at the moment are getting a

little confusing, I am trying to keep up :)

Hi

Yes just found it, as I said before in another thread these different ports and releases at the moment are getting a

little confusing, I am trying to keep up :)
Don't worry, I only found EUAE about 20 minutes before! :D

Back