Release Midnightcommander

Thanks for this. I'll try it out as soon as I can.

I've been using mc installed from Angstrom up to now as I basically can't live without it!

I recommend anyone reading this thread to give it a try. I use it all the time to modify config files and

for copying between SD cards and network shares. Once you get used to the menu system its actually a lot

easier to use than it looks in a screenshot! :)

Just to let you know that I've used it tonight without any hassles.

I'm running from an SD install using ext3 and hotfix 5.

Just a quick question though - is it possible to use it with xterm instead of terminal?

What would be the difference?

You can use it with xterm by unpacking the pnd and changing /mnt/utmp/midnightcommander/scripts/mc.sh.

Find the exec line and change terminal to xterm.

Then repack.

What would be the difference?

You can use it with xterm by unpacking the pnd and changing /mnt/utmp/midnightcommander/scripts/mc.sh.

Find the exec line and change terminal to xterm.

Then repack.

Yeah - sorry about that. I forgot that you can alter the key bindings in terminal and change the font size... :rolleyes:

Now I can fill the screen with tiny text until my eyesight gives in!

I actually used your pnd to look inside itself which was the first time I've really seen how its all put together.

Thanks again.

For me, all F-keys work (well, F1 is caught by the Terminal, so to be precise, F2-F9 work) , with the exception of F10, it seems.

I can only use F10 via mouse.

You can make F10 work if you change the terminal settings. I dunno about F1, but then again I don't use that one.

I've once used it but somehow this Commander did not save stuff like last visited folders, or make tabs and some other stuff. I also was confused about that it runs in a terminal, I accidently opened the wrong top menus from time to time. :D

Some improvements here and there and the program could be really useful. I've tried some different Commander style file managers on the Pandora but all of them had pretty heavy bugs or flaws, last one was hte Beesoft Commander that actualy does not even work correctly (streak port :rolleyes: )

Back