Release Amiga Racer for the Pandora (Commercial Game)

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
AmigaTec has finished porting Amiga Racer to the Pandora!

For those who don't know it: It's a vastly extended game similar to the Lotus Series on the Amiga, with a simple track designer (where you can set different parameters and save your favourite tracks), filters, tons of different cars (even a Trabant or London Bus), different music tracks, etc.

The game runs flawlessly on any unit without overclocking.

Everyone who already bought the Elite Version of the game can get the Pandora version for free - simply contact the developers on the website.

If you don't own the game yet you can buy it from AmigaTec, but you need to buy the Elite Edition to be able to receive the Pandora version. Right now, send a comment to AmigaTec when buying that you want to receive the Pandora version and you should get it :)

Looks pretty good.
I suppose that the video is taken from a Pandora ?

Hi all :)

That's great news !

@EvilDragon : I own the older "Collectors Edition".

I'm going to check with Michael whether the deal works also for this one or not.

Cheers, Magic Sam

Looks like a nice game but too steep at 30 Euro. I'd buy it would be something like 5 , for Pandora only.
I wouldn't play it often enough to justify paying more.
Great effort though!

those poor people at the finish line who are just going to be ran over... thankfully they pause it before it happens, so we don't have to see the massacre.

Hi guys,

since quite a lot of people contacted me here from this forum via eMail with questions i thought i register here quick and clarify some questions.
The Pandora (and Pyra) Version is part of the Amiga Racer Collector's Edition Elite. The Collector's Edition Elite includes all supported versions of the game:

Windows 32
Windows 64
Linux 64
Linux 32 (coming next week)
Pandora-Version
Mac OS X (intel)
Raspberry Pi
Amiga OS4
Morph OS
GCW-Zero (Mips based)

That means you can install and play the game on all platforms. The interesting fact is: You can for example create with ARCS nice tracks on your windows or mac machine, testdrive it there on the big screen until you're happy, save them into the cloud and load the very same tracks that you created on your desktop / Laptop from the same cloud with your pandora and make them "local" available on the pandora. So all OS versions are compatible with each other, other with exported tracks etc.

The game gets nearly every weekend a major update. (Nothing to do for you, just press "Live Update" in the game menu. For example this weekend will be a new scenario "Enchanted Forest" - so ARCS can build then magical forest tracks with giant mushrooms, animals, fairy-stuff etc.

There are basically UNLIMITED tracks. Because every track you build with ARCS will look and drive different. The ones you like you can save of course and share with friends.

There is windowed mode and full screen mode (both works also on the pandora) and there is the CRT-Emulation to make it look really Retro. That also works on all platforms.

In the newest version you can now also change languages! (Currently English and German, more to come)

As for the prices: 30.- EUR for the Collector's Edition Elite. Since i know Michael from DragonBox i could offer here a special deal where worldwide shipping would be free. (Please PM me that i can give you the Voucer Code)

If you have the Green Collectors's Edition you can upgrade for 10.- EUR and you don't need to pay 30.- EUR again. (Upgrade means you get all content as digital download, also the pandora and Mac OS X Version etc.)
If you want that option please send 10.- EUR via Paypal to: sales@AmigaTec.com and i will get back to you shortly.

If you don't have any Collector's Edition at all and want to save another 10.- EUR there's the Option to purchase the Collector's Edition Digital (same as boxed Elite Version) for 20.- EUR in our online shop:

www.AmigaTec-Shop.com

This is just the digital version of the boxed version. You will get contacted shortly after you purchased it there. (There is no direct download Link after Purchase; it will be sent to you directly from me because i need to create manually your keyfile)

I hope that clarifies some of the questions.

PS: The Pandora Version is available already this weekend! So if you order you'll have it latest by Sunday.

Mike

> The Pandora (and Pyra) Version is part of the Amiga Racer Collector's Edition Elite. The Collector's Edition Elite includes all supported versions of the game

That's a bunch of supported platforms !!!

Yes, and there are 5 new in the pipeline (Pyra, Linux PPC etc.)
Every Platform has also the Live Update Feature, so it's basically a install & forget. You just press every weekend the Live Update within the game and you always have the newest version.
(That needs of course pandora's Wifi Enabled and an AccessPoint/Wlan Router)

Hi Mike !
If you have the Green Collectors's Edition you can upgrade for 10.- EUR and you don't need to pay 30.- EUR again. (Upgrade means you get all content as digital download, also the pandora and Mac OS X Version etc.)
If you want that option please send 10.- EUR via Paypal to: sales@AmigaTec.com and i will get back to you shortly.
Done :p

Cheers, Magic Sam

Hi all :)

That's great news !

@EvilDragon : I own the older "Collectors Edition".

I'm going to check with Michael whether the deal works also for this one or not.

Cheers, Magic Sam

Hi Sam,

just for confirmation: Paypal arrived. Your Upgrade will take place this weekend. (I'm still at my normal work, as soon as i'm home i will work on the webserver update for pandora to test it a last time and then you will get email from me - latest tomorrow)

Thanks!

Mike

@AmigaTec : Mike, take your time, there's no hurry :)

Will my current keyfile be compatible with the Pandora version, or will I need a new one ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

hmm i think i might go for the digital version. 20 bucks seems a bit much if you're pampered by humble bundles and the like, but actually it's a very nice price. yay another commercial title for the pandora! thank you very much

@AmigaTec : Mike, take your time, there's no hurry :)

Will my current keyfile be compatible with the Pandora version, or will I need a new one ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

You will get it ASAP - it's just a bit hectic here this Amiga Racer stuff is running better than i would have imagined... Meanwhile i even get fan post. I mean real post where people include a card to sign :D
Crazy. But it's a lot of fun for me too - especially because i can include new ideas from people into the game. (The car "Trabant" for example was asked for by quite a lot of users so it's included now also in the last version)

I have just included the Pandora build in my build server. (Each platform has a "plugin-script" that guides the compilation and release / update process; i have written this entire build system (running on a linux server in my server rack at home) myself)
So once a version is included - for example now the new pandora - i just have to telnet to the server and run "./build -all -update -install" and every platform gets compiled, then the update gets released (for the live update function) and -install creates also the full setup files and uploads them to the webserver (the free versions) So i develop this game here on my main machine (linux mint) and just commit it to the SVN and the build system pulls it there and works fully automatic. Creating this build system was also a huge work effort - but it saves lot of time when i dont have to compile the game on 12 different machines myself. Oh and there is also automatic QA included - after the game is compiled it runs the game in the target environment, starts the game and drives a few tracks. If there are no problems (the game has specific command line options to communicate with my build QA system here...) then it gets released.

Regarding your keyfile:
You will get tomorrow your new Elite Digital Download. That includes everything, including the new music tracks for your (real) radio. I have produced together with K&K Project quite a lot of new music titles, and "Amiga i miss you" i composed the entire song text myself.
Here's for example the song (there are many other in that style included): http://amigatec.com/amigatec-eurodance/Amiga_i_miss_you.mp3

Enjoy!

@AmigaTec : looks like a great setup you have there, except for the telnet part :p ;)

Thanks for your hard work Mike !

Cheers, Magic Sam

@AmigaTec : looks like a great setup you have there, except for the telnet part :p ;)

Thanks for your hard work Mike !

Cheers, Magic Sam

Hehe thanks. And to be honest i prefer to deliver something stable and continously - and that costs me also money (Hardware, Webserver Costs and don't ask how many stupid game controller / pads i had to purchase because users were asking for support :p )
So my opinion is: even if it's not free it's better to have something where you know that nearly every weekend some new feature is coming instead of throwing a $5 EUR (or free) game into the masses and then lose interest on supporting / expanding it.
And i think you know how often i release updates - if i remember right you have this game now quite some time in the green collector's edition (and since today in the elite) :D

So, i'm just finishing the fully automated PND file creation. First test worked - now final test (including now also icon) and then i think i can upload the pandora version.
[doublepost=1472846302,1472843447][/doublepost]For some strange reason the icon is not displayed. However, you can download the free version now here:

http://amigatec.com/drupal/?q=node/122

Please note: This is the free version with only 2 tracks and limited vehicles. The most interesting part (ARCS) is not available in the free version - there you can build your own tracks with a few Clicks.

You can set to fullscreen by selecting "Drivers License" and Enabling Fullscreen there. The Game remembers your settings. So no need to do that all the time. You can press ESC (FN+Q) to skip, return to the previous menu and also quit the game.
[doublepost=1472847257][/doublepost]Only thing that i need to fix tomorrow is the update script for the executable itself. So please don't use the live update yet. (It works, but it will not restart the game yet)

@AmigaTec : I just gave the free version a go, and it's working very well :) It's the best version I ever tried so far (the other two being Linux and MorphOS) !

EDIT: I changed my mind, I prefer the MorphOS version :) Maybe because I'm playing it with a Competition Pro USB Joystick... ;)

By the way, is widescreen support on your TODO list ?

Regarding the icon issue, I don't know whether this is related or not, but your package lacks a PXML.xml file, and AmigaRacer.png might be too big IMHO (86x83 8 bits). I could be way wrong though :p

Cheers, Magic Sam

Last edited:
Back