Amiga Emulation?

Mantis : You're damn right about the scaling down, plus, It's not the official pandora logo, but one I made for a banner. :unsure:

Anyway, here is the svg. It was a quick and dirty work, I hope someone will be able to make a good looking icon.
icon's SVG
(there seems to be some problems with the gradient effect when I exported to SVG, sorry about that No problem when opening in Inkscape or Illustrator)

OKay, I'll see if I can convert it in an hour or two..

Can someone let me know what is required for testing; as an ST and non-Amiga guy, I've never really used an Amiga oe UAE much; I've got a kickrom and such around, but let me know what I need to test my pnd; give me the '10 second summary', for a guy whose got 5 things going on at once right now and no time to think beyond 'next emergency, bring it!'

jeff

I wonder who will do a real Pandora port of UAE. Someone will Im sure (asuming the current one is not well optimised for pandora or is not as compatible due to optimising it for lesser systems/different hardware).

I wish I knew anything about how... I`d surely have a go if I did... :rolleyes:

From the sounds of it... It wont be you Skeezix, which is a shame, your ST stuff was great for GP2X. :)

skeezix said:
OKay, I'll see if I can convert it in an hour or two..

Can someone let me know what is required for testing; as an ST and non-Amiga guy, I've never really used an Amiga oe UAE much; I've got a kickrom and such around, but let me know what I need to test my pnd; give me the '10 second summary', for a guy whose got 5 things going on at once right now and no time to think beyond 'next emergency, bring it!'

jeff

Load a kickstart file into the 'rom' section, it should be in the format KickSOMETHING.rom.

Choose a disk file, mount it within the emulator in drive one, then hit start (or whatever).

Last edited by a moderator:
Way too busy today, but maybe I can whip something up tonight.

I also have to pnd up Colem; I made a really quick and dirty port awhile back, should hold people over until a real port comes along.

jeff

Well, try this:
http://www.codejedi.com/pandora/uae4all/binaries/uae4all_alpha.pnd

I could not get it to work; it never found "kick.rom" (KICK.ROM, kick.rom, tried both variatrions, in kickstarts and roms both.)

It'll make /pandora/appdata/uae4all.conv (and in theory will make "roms" and "kickstarts" subdirs there, but if not, make them yourself.)

PResumably you stick "kick.rom" into kickstarts, but it would never find it for me :/

I actually have 2 other UAE pnds; one seems to be an older UAE4ALL, and another seems to tbe the official UAE (and dog slow, but it had a UI where I could pick a path to kick.rom).

Hmrf.

So still never got to try an Amiga :(

jeff

kick.rom needs to be in the root folder, not in the ROMS folder.

once you have that sorted, if you can let me know how you figured out how to actually navigate the menus, that'd be great! :p

I appreciate your efforts on this - I mean, I know there will still be a monumental wait even if I did order one now, but still, it will be nice to know if it's reliable and easy to use.

I think it would be a good idea in the app store or even a readme with the pnd with some advice on where to put things and what buttons do what ie what button will bring up the menu etc especially for the people that have never used it before. It would make it easier and less frustrating for the noobs among us. I'm not saying it should be done right now because everyone is busy building pandoras but just something to be looked at in the future. You have to remember that there will probably be a lot of people who have never even owned a GP2X especially with it being on Engadget and other mainstream websites so I reckon it would be a good idea in the long run. Just my thought I'd mention it :)

puppydee said:
I think it would be a good idea in the app store or even a readme with the pnd with some advice on where to put things and what buttons do what ie what button will bring up the menu etc ...
This sounds like an idea... maybe you should write it and post it?

Eh? I had a working UAE4ALL version as PND for quite a while (you should've known, skeezix :D )
Pickle wanted to package that up as a PND, so I haven't released it yet. :)

Get it here:
http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/pandora.cgi?0,0,0,0,71,74

Put the kick.rom into /pandora/appdata/uae4all

EvilDragon said:
Eh? I had a working UAE4ALL version as PND for quite a while (you should've known, skeezix :D )
Pickle wanted to package that up as a PND, so I haven't released it yet. :)

Get it here:
http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/pandora.cgi?0,0,0,0,71,74

Put the kick.rom into /pandora/appdata/uae4all
Cheers Ed, trying it now thanks :)

Wahey, thanks for that, ED and Craig. I'm still preparing my SD Cards in advance of mine arriving, so that's perfect. :D

WombleGoneBad said:
puppydee said:
I think it would be a good idea in the app store or even a readme with the pnd with some advice on where to put things and what buttons do what ie what button will bring up the menu etc ...
This sounds like an idea... maybe you should write it and post it?
Or perhaps we could all work to add more info to the wiki User Manual page. :)
http://pandorawiki.org/User_manual

Actually, major props to skeezix, this article is already really good.

Remember, each pnd can register documetation with the sytem. I just didn't add any for UAE since 1- couldn't get Otto work and 2-not like I know anything about UAE or who ported this build :)

jeff

skeezix said:
So still never got to try an Amiga :(

jeff

Really Jeff???

Your not gonna believe this but its just like an ST but much BETTER!
(now I giggle to myself and await all the ST fans abuse... Ah! Its gonna be just like being at school again!) :p

Back