Amiga 1200 cases - Kickstarter- (again)

It's a well specified and thought out design, I think.

They need to drop the price a bit 79 EUR is a bit too much. If they could afford to shave off 10 EUR they'd probably have more success. I'm not saying the project is overpriced; this is an expensive endeavour. But it just puts it outside most people's "impulse buy".

Now that they're saying it will fit a MIST FPGA, I'm starting to be a bit more interested.

They are trying hard and I hope they succeed. I may back it towards the end of the campaign.

On the video, the guy shows some 2 tons mold for the cases.

I was wondering if the pandora case has something like that too, as stated on another thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
125K € for such huge molds? Sounds like a fair price, the Pandora/Pyra molds are not much cheaper I guess.

125K € for such huge molds? Sounds like a fair price, the Pandora/Pyra molds are not much cheaper I guess.
Well, the Pyra molds would be much smaller I suppose, so they should be somewhat cheaper.
Not sure about that, wouldn't amount of different parts or complexity of the design play a part too. The Pyra to me seems like a much more difficult design.

Wasn't ED talking around 400,000 EUR?  NVM, I saw the 49000 EUR on the side bar...  

Well, the Pyra molds would be much smaller I suppose, so they should be somewhat cheaper.
Yes, let's hope they are cheaper. The molds are smaller for the Pyra of course but there are also more parts and with a more complex design.

Yes, let's hope they yare cheaper. The molds are smaller for the Pyra of course but there are also more parts and with a more complex design.
Yup. Trashy reckons it's 49.000 euros. Still a fair chunk of money.

Now that they're saying it will fit a MIST FPGA, I'm starting to be a bit more interested
I liked the Pi/MIST idea, but it means if you want to do this, you're going to have to find an A1200 keyboard and get hold of a Keyrah.
The Raspian pack comes with everything except a keyboard, meaning you have to go source a keyboard from somewhere to make it worthwhile.

A quick look for A1200's on ebay, they aren't cheap - even if you just want the keyboard

The cost is just a bit too much for me.

The case doesn't hinder use of the Amiga, yes it would be nice to have a brand new looking unit but I'd rather spend that money on new hardware.

Back