Cyber security challenge UK

Fzero

Advanced Member
Im just posting this link as it might be of interest to some of you.

I cant recall how i ended up on their mailing list tbh, i think i must have shown interest in one of their older projects and so got sent this email.

I think this will all be a little bit over my head, but might be fun, i will probably sign up and give it a go anyway.

SANS Packet Capture Analysis

Type: Single Player

Player Count: 2000 per game

Registration Opens: 8am Mon Mar 19th

Game Play Date: Apr 12 - 14 2012

Link:

https://cybersecuritychallenge.org.uk/sans-pca.php?utm_source=New+Games+for+2012&utm_campaign=Masterclass+attendance&utm_medium=email

Except from site:

This is a new game from SANS though it covers the same topic as the game of the same name from last year. Participants will be provided with a network packet capture file that they must analyse to identify and interpret various types of network and web application attacks.

Participants will have to answer questions about the network itself, as well as the activities of the users on the network. The quiz is designed for an intermediate skill level, and all questions can be answered using the Wireshark packet analysis tool.

The game is now held over 3 days, this will allow you to play and “log on and off” at any time during the 3 days by clicking the save button but please remember that once you have clicked “submit” your entry is registered. Please also note that you can only play this game once, once you have submitted your score you will not be allowed to play again.

Back