New Amiga 1200 cases! Kickstarter.

I wonder if they know that they can reverse the ' color ageing' of plastic using oxidisation products such as Napisan and sunlight

I don't really understand what the point of these are for - at least without the keyboards (I know it's a stetch goal in this case), unless it's a direct replacement for your existing A1200. If you wanted to use it for anything else, well you'd have to somehow convert an Amiga keyboard to USB or something. But then they've added USB port holes for something.

Very confusing

The usb ports might be just as example.

You can buy a rapid road that gives usb functionality to an amiga.

There are other mooted amiga boards too, fpga arcade, apollo board etc.

If these boards see the light of day.

It's not looking good for this campaign but boy have they tried hard. An 'A' for effort.

Only ten days left to go. 125,000 was a lot of money to ask for, but needed to make the molds.

There must be a cheaper method to do this. The Amiga community is too small to support this kind of sum.

Still they did accrue 12,000 in the last two or 3 days but that may have been a lot of work to achieve. It now sits at 52,000.

I'd pledge but I'm cash strapped and off on sick leave. 

Did they add a bunch of stuff since this started?  I didn't notice the Lukhash and other special cases and badges before.

It does look like they did try really hard.  

New molds are indeed very expencive. The guys with the C64 case did it right to use existing molds for their campaign. Saves a ton of money. Maybe if the old Amiga molds are also available these could be adjusted to fulfill the new needs of that project or so.

Did they add a bunch of stuff since this started?  I didn't notice the Lukhash and other special cases and badges before.

It does look like they did try really hard.  
Yes, they added a whole bunch of stuff. Doubt they will succeed but who knows.

New molds are indeed very expencive. The guys with the C64 case did it right to use existing molds for their campaign. Saves a ton of money. Maybe if the old Amiga molds are also available these could be adjusted to fulfill the new needs of that project or so.
No mention of the whereabouts of the original molds. Petro tychenko does not know either I believe.

It's too much money for an individual case. Whilst I appreciate the expense of doing it and the thought that's gone in; the customisation for hew hardware etc., but it's simply too expensive.

For 30 quid I'd have been in like a shot, 40 even, not 50-something GBP at current exchange rates.

Back