Aluminium Case being made!

Probably because the gay scene has established this symbol and I doubt that the majoritiy of Pyra users will fit the bill. ;)
Yeah, but you can show support for their rights even if you are not part of the group.This or in Berlin live quite much Tibetans. XD

I'm obsessed with rainbows, and I take huge offense when people assume I'm gay.... Which is constantly... Wtf?

Oh yeah, if you're male you have to wear plain colours, watch sports, fap to fast cars, have short hair, get buff, make vulgar jokes about woman with your mates, get drunk on the weekends, and most importantly...

Belittle and insult any male who doesn't conform to your steriotype.

F U testosterone!!!

and F U gay community for claiming the entire freaking spectrum of visible colours as your symbol. God damn!

Edit: :3

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately for me ALL males assume I'm gay (and a huge portion of females too). I've developed a theory about it... when I was in school, I found out I had anemia. Only recently have I discovered that testosterone deficiency can lead to anemia. So I'm pretty sure I've been testosterone deficient my whole life (but I have no proof of this). It would certainly explain my effeminate nature, and why sports or heavy physical activity is hard for me... why I have soft features and a soft voice.

Thing is, I'm glad to be me... I certainly wouldn't want to take supplements that would make me feel, behave and look more like a regular guy. Ick.

I just have an issue that humanity at large is so superficial, stereotypically conditioned and sexualy oriented that my natural state of being is interpreted as someone who gets turned on by boys! I find it absurd!

Sorry for the serious OT. >.>

=~. O =

Time to answer ...

1. Hard coating is a special type of anodizing - but with a very hard and smooth surface. "Normal" anodizing leaves a surface which is porous in a microscopic scale.

2. No, you cannot add another anodizing layer on a hard coat

2a. Paint will not bond well on a hard coat surface

3. If someone wants to have special surfaces, please feel free to order the case "raw" - which is plain aluminum AW7075.

3a. AW7075 shows pretty strong corrosion (compared to other types of aluminum) if left blank.

4. Aluminum AW7075 is not good for color anodizing. The colors will look pretty pale with a yellow colour fault.

5. 99,50 Euro is already a very tough price. So I do not discuss any special features (unless they are paid extra).

6. The plastic "window" will be a black shiny piece of plastic inserted over the antenna. Perhaps I will engrave an antenna symbol into it.

Maybe you will have to leave the lid open for best WIFI performance.

Any more questions?
Back to metal and coatings.

One more question - when can I get one?

Calm down and be patient.

We pre-orderers had to wait for years. Right now we have enough time for an aluminium case.

I would bet that if anyone wants to chrome their Pandora, they should make sure to order the 'raw' aluminium case. I'm very tempted to do this... but I don't think I can afford to buy 2 aluminium cases and I definitely want the hard coat..,

Will the raw case be any cheaper perhaps?

=~. O =

Chrome plating in itself is costly, and tricky to do on aluminium. Whereas buffing aluminium yourself is free.

I wish there was only one thing to chose from so i could commit to something.

Raw aluminium subjected to salt from your hands will corrode over time. Could be cool or could be not cool.

Edit: I have decided on jet black.

Remain secret - Brandish steel
Black Metal is unreal!

Raw aluminium corrodes into Al203 in air anyway, but this oxide coating prevents any further oxidation of the surface at least in atmospheric conditions. So normally it corrodes a little bit (to the oxide, which looks like raw aluminium but a little duller) and then stops - I'm not sure whether salt water or which acids can defeat the oxide coating and oxidate the rest of the aluminium, but under normal circumstances (including handling) aluminium coated in it's natural oxide is pretty damn stable, if still malleable and fairly ductile (which is why I welcome this added hard coat idea).

Well my terminology was probably incorrect... I was thinking of giving a chrome finish through buffing and using a polish with added silicone particles on the final stage to preserve the finish.

I wasn't thinking about chrome plating. :)

=~. O =

well, giving up the hard anodizing is quite a big throwback for other looks... even if I don't like the sample displayed...

I really can't wait to see full case picture.

I doubt that the raw aluminium case will be any cheaper and that there will be any sample cases.

As the Redesign and making of the case will only happen when there are at leasat 100 preorders. As stated in the first posting from ED.

Why will there be no sample cases? Because it takes time and money to redesign the case and make a sample, thoses costs will be covered with the preorders.

Rainbows are another thing present on a variety of old hardware.  The 2 problems I think of are getting a small and affordable quantity of rainbow plastic pieces that aren't painted, and deciding which rainbow to use.  Also, some people may not want a rainbow on their expensive Pandora case, but I am with you.
Probably because the gay scene has established this symbol and I doubt that the majoritiy of Pyra users will fit the bill. ;)
Bah, I don't think "GAY PRIDE!!!!!!!!" whenever I see a rainbow.  If people assume I am gay, good for them.  I am not, and don't think it matters who someone has consenting sex with.  I don't even bother with labels anymore, unless someone self identifies.  I am not a big fan of bright colors, but I do love old hardware, and things that celebrate those wonderful machines of yesteryear.

I'm obsessed with rainbows, and I take huge offense when people assume I'm gay.... Which is constantly... Wtf?

Oh yeah, if you're male you have to wear plain colours, watch sports, fap to fast cars, have short hair, get buff, make vulgar jokes about woman with your mates, get drunk on the weekends, and most importantly...

Belittle and insult any male who doesn't conform to your steriotype.

F U testosterone!!!

and F U gay community for claiming the entire freaking spectrum of visible colours as your symbol. God damn!

Edit: :3
I just so happen to like plain colors (used to wear nothing but black until someone important to me asked me to mix it up some, so now I also wear colors commonly found in camouflage, but not usually camo patterns).  I get bored watching sports, but can sometimes tolerate playing them.  I don't really care about fast cars, but big scary ones are fun to drive fast and watch people move out of your way.  I used to like having my hair long, but it gets in the way all the time.  It seems the front of my hair is currently down to my chin, but I am going to have it cut whenever I have time.  If by "get buff" you mean waste time I don't have working on making muscles too big for me to move around properly, no thanks.  Working out was a requirement for me for a while, and I didn't like what happened when muscles got too big.  Now I couldn't even run if I wanted to since the thousands of miles I have spent doing such things have damaged parts that are crucial for this.  Meh, stupid jokes are stupid, I prefer the funny ones.  Wish I had time to drink.  For your final point: I dealt with that a lot when I was younger.  Now I just don't care.  (You must think I am one of these assholes now that I have gone down the list...)  Anyway, rainbows for everyone!

In response to everyone being mistaken for gay, I probably got that too, but people also used to think I was female.  The first time it sucked.  Afterward it was something I took pride in.  Now I probably have too much hair on my face, so maybe they think I am a bear.  I don't know, I avoid talking to people in public and give an "I will make boots out of your head" look to anyone I don't need to interact with.  But I am nice, really.  Usually.

I just have an issue that humanity at large is so superficial, stereotypically conditioned and sexualy oriented that my natural state of being is interpreted as someone who gets turned on by boys! I find it absurd!
I don't think it is humanity.  I think it is largely cultural.  Really, though, maybe it is best not to bother with such shallow people.  There are lots of really nice people out there who understand that everyone is different in a variety of ways.

I would bet that if anyone wants to chrome their Pandora, they should make sure to order the 'raw' aluminium case. I'm very tempted to do this... but I don't think I can afford to buy 2 aluminium cases and I definitely want the hard coat..,
I would like to see, but not own, a chromed Pandora.

Chrome plating in itself is costly, and tricky to do on aluminium. Whereas buffing aluminium yourself is free.

I wish there was only one thing to chose from so i could commit to something.

Raw aluminium subjected to salt from your hands will corrode over time. Could be cool or could be not cool.

Edit: I have decided on jet black.

Remain secret - Brandish steel

Black Metal is unreal!
IDV said these will corrode easily if not coated, so aside from the problem of hand salts, I don't think buffing would be a good idea for longevity.  /me rolls eyes at lyrics.

well, giving up the hard anodizing is quite a big throwback for other looks...
What do you have in mind?  Pics of other stuff might help give some ideas.

As the Redesign and making of the case will only happen when there are at leasat 100 preorders.

Has there been any way to pre-order these yet though? I haven't found any links or ways to do so yet.

Back