ALOT of questions from a potential customer

xxQdotxx

Still Fresh
I'm considering getting a pandora but (like what the title suggest) i have alot of questions:

how well does it run NES, SENS, GBA, N64 and psx without overclocking. I would like an answer for each system.

also I live in new zealand, what would the cost be getting it here.

Is there a new version coming out soon so should I wait?

Thanks in advance.

I'm considering getting a pandora but (like what the title suggest) i have alot of questions:

how well does it run NES, SENS, GBA, N64 and psx without overclocking. I would like an answer for each system.

NES, SNES, GBA and PSX are pretty much fullspeed, but depends on the game. The vast majority are fullspeed.

Is there a new version coming out soon so should I wait?

No, there is no new version coming out for the foreseeable future.

D.

Golden Sun mostly runs (there were two or three points, picking up djin, where it would freeze) but I couldn't get Golden Sun 2 to get past the start screen.

To get past the couple of freezy points I just copied the save file to my PC, got the djinni that was causing the problem, then saved and copied it back.

I'm a very new Pandora user - I just got one from Ebay a couple of days ago. I'm very happy with it so far. :D

One thing to note about the SNES emulator: It runs okay, but I had to overclock a tiny bit, to 650 Mhz, to get it to run full speed (in Chrono Trigger). Also, the sound is unfortunately a bit off, which is not a huge deal but can be a bit annoying. Sound issues is not because of the Pandora itself, just the Snes9x version the emulator is based on.

NES and PSX runs like a dream. I overclocked it to 650 Mhz to get Chrono Cross running without any slowdowns in the battles though.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is good to hear. And overclocking to 650 is not really a problem.

Welcome to you, too. And have a lot of fun with your new toy!

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing to note about the SNES emulator: It runs okay, but I had to overclock a tiny bit, to 650 Mhz, to get it to run full speed (in Chrono Trigger). Also, the sound is unfortunately a bit off, which is not a huge deal but can be a bit annoying. Sound issues is not because of the Pandora itself, just the Snes9x version the emulator is based on.
There's a toggle'able option in the most recent releases, which should take care of this sound issue, if that's of any help. :) (Welcome to the forum, by the way!)

That is good to hear. And overclocking to 650 is not really a problem.

Welcome to you, too. And have a lot of fun with your new toy!

Thanks! I'm glad to have gotten hold of a Pandora (lucky!), and although I've just lurked these forums for a short while, this seems to be such an awesome place. :)

There's a toggle'able option in the most recent releases, which should take care of this sound issue, if that's of any help. :) (Welcome to the forum, by the way!)

Thank you! :) Ooh, I hadn't even noticed that option in the SNES emulator. It made the sound noticeably better!

and there is no reasonable damage to the CPU as long as you don't overvolt and keep it at opp3, which should handle 800mhz easy. So 650 is no problem at all, but know that neon instructions(for pcsx rearmed ) don't play well with a higher clockspeed than 700mhz or so

Back