Maybe newbie questions, but I am a newbie :)

kc187

Still Fresh
Hello all.

I'm planning on paying for one of the $500 "mass production" Pandoras tomorrow. Got to deposit the money so I can give it to them. :) I have a few questions if you'd be so kind as to humor me.

What is the average time from payment to delivery? I live in the western United States if that helps. Also, I've read the post about it, but I'm brand spanking new and completely out of the loop.

Also, is there a FAQ of "must-have" applications that I could peruse for ideas of what to run on my new Pandora?

Thanks in advance!

Excellent, thanks for the answers and the link.

Should be dropping the hammer tomorrow, maybe it will make it here before my birthday? :)

I don't want to be buzzkill, but despite Alerino's post, all OP can garuantee is that they's post withn 7 days. We've been hearing some stories about customs holding onto the units for abnormally long (>1 month), so just a heads-up.

I don't want to be buzzkill, but despite Alerino's post, all OP can garuantee is that they's post withn 7 days. We've been hearing some stories about customs holding onto the units for abnormally long (>1 month), so just a heads-up.

Mine had only a few hours delay through customs.. The biggest Delay I had was the "Snowpocalypse" in the North Eastern US. It delayed my delivery a day. Well I'm waiting for the UPS truck today.. it's out for Delivery.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine had only a few hours delay through customs.. The biggest Delay I had was the "Snowpocalypse" in the North Eastern US. It delayed my delivery a day. Well I'm waiting for the UPS truck today.. it's out for Delivery.
Geez! 20ft of snow only delayed your Pandora a day? Those are some dedicated postmen.

Also, is there a FAQ of "must-have" applications that I could peruse for ideas of what to run on my new Pandora?

I've found the wiki to be very useful for this sort of thing.

I think Craig said premium Pandoras would be *dispatched* within 7 days. How long they take in customs is outside his control really.

Yes, they all ship within 7 days (weekend not included obviously, UPS don't pickup at the weekend), but often we try to ship them the next day if it's possible.

We're going to try to crack 100 units a day from Tuesday to Friday.

We're working with CC to get 400-500 units a week via very optimised production (many things now don't need to be checked there anymore, they have the production down to an art), which we hope might start next week.

The 'instant' Pandora has been a huge success, it's going to make the Pandora project last a long time, and also improve the speed and quality of the original Pandoras being delivered. It's win win for sure. It's really nice to know we can throw money at issues and just get them fixed!

I'm feeling much better today so by Monday I'll be ready to get this in to top gear.

Batch2 can't arrive soon enough!

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to hear that the instant Pandoras were so successful for you guys, and that you're feeling better.

Argh!

Went to order one, and the website is acting funny. Should I just wait?
Yes. Craig is currently in the process of changing servers, due to issues with the current one. If you *really* can't wait, then you can always email sales@openpandora.org, but there may be a delay due to the persistently large amount of mail they get.

Back