Alive and kicking (some pictures)

Tiny nitpick: will the final version have the keyboard back-light also lighting up the right speaker grating, as it does in this picture? I wonder whether it would be a little distracting.

Nice pictures overall, though!

No, don't worry. There's just no speaker in there as I didn't have them here :)

Sent from my XT1650-03 using Tapatalk

This is awesome. Can you make a photo of the Pyra in the fires of the underworld direct sunlight with full screen brightness, so we can see how readable the LCD is in the worst case?
Yes, I am planning to do such pictures, in comparison with other devices.

Sent from my XT1650-03 using Tapatalk

Awesome!!

So, I skipped the keyboard wars. Quick question, with the F-keys requiring Fn+Number to use, is CTRL+ALT+F2 possible? I miss being able to switch to console with that combo on my Pandora. It almost doesn't feel like proper Linux if I can't just pop to a console whenever I want no matter what is jacking the full screen.

I know I can just switch it to an easier combo but I'll never remember it.

The Pyra definitely looks awesome though!

CTRL-ALT-F2 is easily possible on the Pandora, because Fn is sticky, but for some reasons VT_SWITCH bindings don't work on the non gaming keys. Putting VT_SWITCH on the Pandora key works fine, though.

You may be right on this. I interpreted it differently. The semantics of emoticons are poorly defined.

Awww man... You were supposed to say:

Haha! That was obvious to me... I decided to take the joke further by 'not getting' what he 'didn't get'.

So triple Woosh to you sir!

... To which I would have responded:

Oh ho ho... But in my response to you I put my very own :p at the end of my post, showing that I was playing along as well...

So let's Woosh again. Like we did last summer... Let's Woosh again...
...We can do it all year!

This is big. They look amazing. Especially the LEDs, but no, everything is looking very decent. Even though it makes the waiting not easier. Hope this get's spread and convince people to finally let their doubts behind.

So, I skipped the keyboard wars.
There is a fully programmable button you can assign anything to that one... so you can have a dedicated button (with modifiers) to switch to xterm/run a command, etc...

Congratulations on this! These pictures are taking me back to exciting days when we all waited for Pandora. Same feelings. All the best with finalizations!

Thanks a lot for the pics :3 It means a lot to have pictures showing fully assembled working Pyras! (I understand speakers and logo are missing but they look fully assembled so it’s nice to show around to friends)

Back