Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
AlienBlasters

Archive Download

Alienblaster http://www.schwardtnet.de/alienblaster/

GP2X port by Pickle

Overview:
This is a SDL based shooter, it has 1/2 player modes and a arcade mode.
[cut]
I found this game on the SDL homepage, decided to try and port it. It compiled very easily with no changes.
I then added controls the control the menu, the game is actually written in a way that the GP2X can be setup
within the game itself, at least for the ship control. So if you wanted you can change the button mappings
for the in-game mode.
I am although a little disapointed with the speed of the game. Ive tried to scale a few things back, it appears to have given a little more performance. First the game is native displayed at 640x480, i can really change it without doing more work than im willing to do. Other things ive done is scaled back the color depth, shrunk the mixer settings. I can play the game at 250+ram tweaks with the 8 bpp version at a level I can live with.
The two player mode doesnt make sense, unless you use a bob and a keyboard.
I highly recommend Gmenu2x, for overlclock and volume control. You will not be able to control either inside the app.
Ive provided the GP2X modified source, also contains the code::blocks project files which I used.[/cut]

Last edited by a moderator:
It has a half player mode? Fantastic ^^

I`m gonna try it when my batteries are recharged.

Ive solved the speed problem, the bin was blitting software SDL_surfaces into hardware SDL_surfaces, so I added the 2 lines of code and things are running much better.
Expect a updated version soon.

Back