Wiz The Little Beat That Could

pandora said:
DaveC said:
Too bad you have to squint at a tiny Gameboy sized screen to play it though.
Can you please stop repeating yourself? We know how small it is. Saying that had no point whatsoever, put Pickle's work down, and lessened your credibility/reputation as a 'critic' (or is that just with Dpads?).

Try reading better. I didn't put Pickle's work down, where the hell do you read that?

I put down GPH and their choice to put in such a tiny screen but that is about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
DaveC said:
pandora said:
DaveC said:
Too bad you have to squint at a tiny Gameboy sized screen to play it though.
Can you please stop repeating yourself? We know how small it is. Saying that had no point whatsoever, put Pickle's work down, and lessened your credibility/reputation as a 'critic' (or is that just with Dpads?).

Try reading better. I didn't put Pickle's work down, where the hell do you read that?

I put down GPH and their choice to put in such a tiny screen but that is about it.

And i didnt take is a such, i only took as you dont like the screen, back to topic :D

I did the timedemo run and the average fps was 11.4 fps. The gp2x was 6 if recall, this fits along tthat the wiz has a 2-2.5x increase over the gp2x.

Any idea if this can be optimized at all? Is it using the 3d hardware at all? I have yet to hear anything about what the 3d hardware can do? Obviously it's not like the Pandora and is able to use OpenGL, but can the 3d hardare help a little bit more if it's not already being used? BTW thanks again for showing/giving us your work on this. Kinda exciting before the release of the system. :)

EDIT: NM...I just found out it does support OpenGL ES 1.1

geise69 said:
Any idea if this can be optimized at all? Is it using the 3d hardware at all? I have yet to hear anything about what the 3d hardware can do? Obviously it's not like the Pandora and is able to use OpenGL, but can the 3d hardare help a little bit more if it's not already being used? BTW thanks again for showing/giving us your work on this. Kinda exciting before the release of the system. :)

EDIT: NM...I just found out it does support OpenGL ES 1.1
Yes, and easy first set would be to try libcastor by Orkie. That may show some improvement as it would be using the Framebuffer direct, there were some wastful things I had to do with the SDL.
And the big second would be to use the opengl es 1.1, which could be used on both handhelds.
Im looking into different things, ive never used opengl in any way before this, maybe if someone with experience in the opengl to opengl es porting could put in some input at some point.

Pickle said:
I have also gotten prboom, wolf4sdl, xcom1, xcom2, fecu (8 bpp mode doesnt work yet)
Is it possible to get a video (especially on YouTube, but I could upload it there) of X-COM (and the others too, I guess) running on the Wiz?

Back