As said, I'm 16. Going into my senior year in high school in Westhampton, New York. I wanna learn C++ (and another library or three) and become a video game developer. I'm actually in the midst of learning C++ now, though that won't stop me from taking a class anyway when I get to college (I'm shooting for Stony Brook University).

IAmA 22 year old CompSci student in california and I use my pandy for browsing(reddit), email, vnc/rdp/synergy, gba emulation, music, charging my phone, and tons more. it's more handy than my android at work or home. I got it because love the idea of arm and want to contribute to the comunity.

Keep up the good work guys!

Very interesting. When I was a teenager my parents belived that I would quit playing computer games as I grew older. But it doesnt work like that. Once you grew up with computer games you never stop. I will play them when I retire. I hope people still remember Atari and Amiga then so that we can all play at the retirement center. :)

The reason former generations wasnt as childish as we are now, I think is because of their lower living standard. We simply have more time and money to be "childish". :)

I'm 55 years old... so, I've grown up with many of these games...the Pandora for me is a crazy bit of nostalgia. I find that my playing style is not common, with so many titles for so many systems not to mention the ports from linux games, I typically play @5 minutes of a game.. then switch to a different one. Very little progress actually made through the games, however I'm entertained with my short play sessions.

Twiitcher

Very interesting. When I was a teenager my parents belived that I would quit playing computer games as I grew older. But it doesnt work like that. Once you grew up with computer games you never stop. I will play them when I retire. I hope people still remember Atari and Amiga then so that we can all play at the retirement center. :)

The reason former generations wasnt as childish as we are now, I think is because of their lower living standard. We simply have more time and money to be "childish". :)

Roll on old age! I personally can't wait to retire...

My mother also has zero appreciation for technology. I put it down to the nostalgia of youth... when I was young, I played computer games and read books. When my mother was young she 'walked 5 miles to school barefoot in the snow'™ and read books. What do we have in common? Reading. She hates technology and is adamant that life was better without it.

If I ever have kids I'm sure I'll be all 'Games were better with actual controllers and before they had VR sonny boy...'

If she were American, she'd be a Baby Boomer. It's only natural for people from that age to be grumpy about our fancy little gizmos.

When my mother was young she 'walked 5 miles to school barefoot in the snow'™ and read books.

Was it uphill both ways? :D

Edit: To add to the conversation, My mom and dad are interesting types. My dad loves Video Games and sees them as something more than a toy, but he's not particularly good at them. My mom, on the other hand, hates them with a passion. She has, on numerous occasions, made me get rid of some of my game stuff because I "have too much". They are both from the 60's, just to give perspective.

Last edited by a moderator:
24 next month, I use my baby for the freaking MegaDrive and MegaCD, now I can get my Sonic fix anywhere with a decent D-Pad, I do play just about everything from Amiga and Atari all the way to PSX and N64.

Coming from an ex-videogame-store-manager-soon-to-be-moving-from-England-to-Texas person.

Video game store manager? Please, tell us some stories. I'm sure England has stupid people, too. :)

38 Years old this year from a little village called Broughton in North Lincolnshire, UK. By day I'm a mild-mannered registered nurse at the local hospital, by night I'm the worst coder I know :)

I've written two emulators - ZXSpin, which is an insanely accurate ZX Spectrum emulator and BASin, which is an updated modern IDE for coding on the speccy with an emulation core built-in for testing. I bought the Pandora for the emulators, and am also developing PandaBAS, a "remake" of Sinclair BASIC for linux/windows PCs and the Pandora.

D.

35 year old chemistry teacher living in Ipswich, England. Use my pandora for gaming mostly (megadrive, scummvm, psx - for playing the games I grew up with, but also really enjoy gba games at the moment - have just finished rhythm tengoku)

If I show the pandora to any kids at school it tends to get the response "so its like a ds then" despite only the 1 screen. they also seem to think it looks a little dated, i guess they are all used to ipods and dsi etc

CJ

Last edited by a moderator:
33 year old Creative Director at an Ad agency living in Kuwait but originally from Lebanon.

27 year old SW engineer here. I bought pandora mostly for homebrew and emulation, but nowadays I'm spending more time developing stuff for it than actually playing with it :)

Back