30, but definitely not young at heart.

I'm a 50% owner of a restaurant/giftshop and I also do a number of trading festivals throughout the year (I'm at one right now).

I bought my Pandora with the intention of it being a fail-safe in the event the world ends. There is a good chance my life will be one where I move around often. I want to be able to pick up and go at a moments notice. I was also completely addicted to my Game Boy as a kid - so a hand-held / umpc like the Pandora is a dream finally realized. :D

There's a lot more I plan to do with it... but am kinda working myself to the bone for the time being...

35 today :) and a professional Software Engineer too.

My goal is to enjoy coding again and make some Pandora original games. But the truth is right now I'm enjoying myself too much playing old favourites and Super Geometry Dust :)

24, still dont have my first pandora, bought it so i dont have to bother trying to get my sony/nintendo consoles to do what i want anymore, plus im a sucker for handhels with physical keyboards and hate being stuck to a desktop to do everything

What Moz said, but I'm 17 going on 18 in less than a month. :)

P.S. We need to make this a poll.

I'm 23, at nurse-school, and i'll use my Pandora in so many ways it could be considered like a device-rape.

I'm born with the NES, and I really love games. I once had a DingooA320, who shared with me tons of great games (that device was really cool, it was able to emulate Atari, Colecovision, CPS1,2, and all 8/16bits fullspeed. MP3 player was cool, but video player awful. Unfortunately, one of my cats hated that device, and he ate my Dingoo...real story, he made it fall from 2 meters, and then ate the SD card and broke the Mini-SD reader...

I wanted another one, ond then I thought: Well, I may need more, like PS1...crash bandicoot, Final Fantasy VII...and I searched for a long time...Eee-Pc? Not really handheld and no buttons. UMPC? Well, it was expensive, no buttons, but could go on the web, even write notes.

And then, I saw Openpandora...I thought "WTF is this? Am I dreaming?". A gaming handheld device with a keyboard, buttons, D-pad, Nubs, who runs PS1 games and all lower-generation? with Wi-fi, browser and all stuff?

So, I'll use my pandora as a gaming device, as a handheld notebook (keboard!), as a handheld little harddrive I would always have on me (4 SDXC 64GB ready), as a Browser, Mail reader, and so much more. If I ever receive it, ordered premium for weeks now. But I'm hopeful!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm 43 and live in Italy.

During the day i works as warehouseman who ships scooter parts that need to be assembled... :huh:

in my free time (sometimes near zero :angry: ) i like to mess with some code and try to port something for Pandora...the funny things is that i have not studied any programming languages :)

29. Australian but been living away for 6 years.

I'm a Commodore 64 user. Commodore Amiga too.

Programming as a contractor.

My name's Hipparchus, I'm 2,196 next Monday ( I think ). Mostly using it to emulate my old Antikythera mechanism. Have to underclock the Pandora to 4Khz, which took some hardware hacking. Loving the nubs; good for plotting Europa.

Twenty-one, and these threads are going to be out of date pretty soon. : |

I keep saying "make it a poll and put birth year on there instead of age," but nobody listens. :p

Okay, I'll play; I am twenty years old, studying Computer Science at the Rochester Institute of Technology.

I use my Pandora about 30% for web browsing, 10% for music playing, 20% for games (pathetic, right?), and 40% as an extra workspace hooked up via Synergy.

I suspect I will be doing a lot more gaming and a lot less Synergy when I get a desktop computer again (multi-monitor setup FTW).

Also I will be taking notes on it in classes this coming year. I doubt I will be using the in-built keyboard for that though; probably I'll use a roll-up one. The Pandora QWERTY is very, very good for short inputs but I just can't see typing a novel on it (Good luck, Prometheus).

I'm 17, I don't yet have my Pandora, but I intend to use it for everything, from playing the stuff my dad played to some of the newer stuff our devs are pumping out :D

30 from New York. Actually use my Pandora way more than I expected to use it. Had it for a few months now, and it seems to get better with age!

Hello my name is Link and I'm bi-coastal. It's something like bi-polar but more East/West than North/South.

And on topic: 36

Back