Atarii St with Hatari

okay, think I've got 1.6.1 built, need to test, but running out of time.. will see what I can do quick :)

Great progress Jeff! If you don't want to release yet, but need someone to test the build please let me know. :)

Gotta do some home things for a bit, but 99% there .. I'll see if I can get a build out tonight, but we'll see ..

jeff

okay got my cmake environment tweaked up, I can build current hataris out of the box now :)

I'll upload a pnd tonight ..

.. once my babies stop trying to kill my pandora :)

Well I upgraded to the new version of 1.61 and it works great. Thanks skeezix. Every game I tried out ran perfectly. I am having a problem with Barbarian however. The game loads and I get the demo, but I cannot seem to get the game started. Anyone have a clue what to do here? Still, having a ball.

Which Barbarian? The 'chop the heads off' one, or the Psygnosis platforming one?

I've not tried the latter in years, but the former used to work a treat.. but not tried it in ages either :)

jeff

Barbarian (The head chopping one) has come up for this before - IIRC it's F1 to start (Pandora Fn+1).

Barbarian (The head chopping one) has come up for this before - IIRC it's F1 to start (Pandora Fn+1).

Hmmmm??? I think I have tried that, but I will give it another go. Thanks.... Have you gotten it to work?

Yes, I've got it started (after much head scratching too, the usual FIRE/Space/Mouse click to start did nothing and I remembered many 2 player games had F1/F2 for 1 or 2 player start) and played it.

Was a while ago, I'll dig it out and later and doublecheck!

EDIT:

Check out this discussion elsewhere:

http://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=11920&sid=3f9b6e4e73bcee1dbf2f314c14298ee1 - same question, PC emulation.

Apparently the US version of the game used Fire to start, the Euro version was F1. You may have to wait until the demo screen is running. Things were done differently back in the day ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I've got it started (after much head scratching too, the usual FIRE/Space/Mouse click to start did nothing and I remembered many 2 player games had F1/F2 for 1 or 2 player start) and played it.

Was a while ago, I'll dig it out and later and doublecheck!

EDIT:

Check out this discussion elsewhere:

http://www.atari-for...f2f314c14298ee1 - same question, PC emulation.

Apparently the US version of the game used Fire to start, the Euro version was F1. You may have to wait until the demo screen is running. Things were done differently back in the day ;)

Hmmmm?? I tried it last night and it did not work.Maybe I may have the US version. Thanks. I will look into it.

Barbarian - the one with decapitations - by Palace software, rght?

I just tried it out again, and F1 started a game first try (from the High Score screen).

Maybe try a different copy - Mine was from Automation Disc 29.

Last edited by a moderator:
Barbarian - the one with decapitations - by Palace software, rght?

I just tried it out again, and F1 started a game first try (from the High Score screen).

Maybe try a different copy - Mine was from Automation Disc 29.

Well I finally got it to work. I download another version with an "(a)" in the name. I had tried this before, but it kept on crashing Hatari. Then it dawned on me to just change the TOS version. I changed it to TOS version 1.2 and then F1 worked. Got my butt kicked though (g). Thanks again for the tip and advice.

Back