Age ranges

How old are you?

• Total voters

Group 3 and rising, will I still be in that section by time my pandora comes? Possibly, here's hoping

Oh, well, my mistake. I thought I'd read somewhere here that you brewed beer. And here I thought you were cool... ;)

I think making your own beer is about as manly a hobby as you can get

I'm having sinfull thoughts of opening a microbrewery with a bar at some point in time. Will not be this year though, or the next.

nothing bad about that

though over here you'd need a license for the bar (depending on volume of sales) and once you sell over a certain amount of homebrew it has to be taxed, there's also ridiculous regulations on alcohol contents and what it's sold as

you know it's a crap country when you can't freely sell dodgy homebrewed hooch in an alleyway

I'm having sinfull thoughts of opening a microbrewery with a bar at some point in time. Will not be this year though, or the next.

nothing bad about that

though over here you'd need a license for the bar (depending on volume of sales) and once you sell over a certain amount of homebrew it has to be taxed, there's also ridiculous regulations on alcohol contents and what it's sold as

you know it's a crap country when you can't freely sell dodgy homebrewed hooch in an alleyway
I have to have a good look into it over here.

I already own a bar so getting the permits for that part of the business isn't hard. And the investment I'm not worrying about either. Once I can figure out it's a good idea financially I'm fairly confident I can pull in enough investors.

The tricky part is the licensing for the brewing. Health and safety regulations. It will have to be a pretty big place and I'd want it to be in the center so it's easy for tourists to find too. So that means high rent and high turnover needed to survive.

Also I have big doubts about the running costs of even a microbrewery being covered by the sales of one place. So I have to look into how much kegs I have to sell to other bars. And that gives me more staff and logistics thus more costs.

But I'm absolutely positive that the place would be busy enough so if I can find a good location and I can see that the costs can be controlled it's a go.

But first finish my bachelors in software engineering I've started at my ripe old age!

Sent from my MotoA953 using Tapatalk

That is how it goes though: when you're 10, people over 20 are oooold.

When you hit 20, you think about how much it'll suck to turn 30 and get old.

When you hit 30, you start worrying about 40, the midlife, the point when you turn old

At 40, you start thinking hard about turning old and retiring in your 50s

I think it's somewhere around 60 or 70 when you actually suddenly become "old" because then you really are old enough to actually enjoy the perks of being old. Saying weird things and getting away with it, kicking kids off your lawn, good times, I'm kind of looking forward to them. :D
You see, I feel like I've missed out on something. I've never worried about any birthday milestones because I've got 2 brothers and 2 sisters who are 10, 11, 12 and 13 years older than I am. So when I turn 40 next February, my youngest brother will have celebrated his 50th just 4 months before.

That and the fact I've got 9 nephews and 7 nieces, the eldest of which is 33. AND I've got 2 great nephews and 4 great nieces, the eldest of which is 11 now!

So, even though I'll be celebrating my 40th HARD, I'm still feel quite young in my family. :p

nothing bad about that

The regulations on alcohol are insane in the US, to the point where my brewing partners and I have decided that a better route to becoming commercial brewers will be to open a brew pub (like what you said Timstertoo), but it would also be a normal restaurant. Several of the beers in the US that are now being nationally distributed started off as just a restaurant's homebrew.

But that's really cool that you own a bar, Timstertoo. I've always wanted that since I was but a wee lad. My grandfather built a bar in his basement (it looked really professional, I used to be in awe of it), and I would watch the TV show Cheers with my dad around the same age. I guess somewhere in there I picked up the drive to own a bar.

And you're totally right, gfrancisdev. What is the deal with not being able to find a good Back Alley Ale these days? (I'm copyrighting that name, by the way :p )

Last edited by a moderator:
And you're totally right, gfrancisdev. What is the deal with not being able to find a good Back Alley Ale these days? (I'm copyrighting that name, by the way :p )

yummy, a 'back alley ale'...sounds like a dodgy sex position to me, but i wouldn't think too hard into how you'd do that unless you fancy being banned from every bar in the country :D

Back