Who's Staying?

What are you going to do?

• Total voters

EvilDragon said:
<sigh> Whatever dingens posted and deleted about me - I'm probably happy I didn't read it ;)
I really hope he calms down and understands I cannot do much more than I did currently...

Well, I still kinda don't know whether to be happy about the split or not.
I was against it originally... then thought a support forum would be good, but Craig wanted more.

However, at the moment, I don't know.

My honest opinion is: A single person, be it Craig or anyone else, can never split a community. Not simply with new boards.
If the community SPLITS by that - it was split in their hearts before.
And if that is the case, it will probably be good for both sites, as it relaxes the situation and creates a better mood in both places.

We even have some folks who were angry because the Pandora "invaded" these boards.
Those will be happy that Craig is gone - and the mood will lighten up. Also, there were guys who thought you can never criticize anything about the Panndora here because Craig will bash them and the mods will support him.
That's now changed, too.

I've also seen a few of the NEW guys posting at the new boards, who never posted before, because e.g. the old board was too big for them-

What I think is, that both sites will get along together quite well.
Some people will happy here, some will be happy at the new boards. While the community might split here, the mood should be more relaxed and better on both sides - leading to more users to join and post.

Time will tell. And while I still don't know if the split was a good thing, I'm optimistically looking into the future - and will support both sites as good as I can.
I rather have two smaller places full of joy than one big place where people start bickering every so often.

What do you think?
I think that only one can live - not sure if this is a bad thing but I'm pretty sure that eventually only one will be used. People will always try to flock to the more popular one (and eventually the less popular one will be 'dead'). It'd be a shame if the Pandora section here died because I felt like it fits in well with the other open source console sections here. If the new site dies then all support for the device goes back to an unofficial forum.

Edit: Many of the "new users" could be old users with new names.

Last edited by a moderator:
EvilDragon said:
My honest opinion is: A single person, be it Craig or anyone else, can never split a community. Not simply with new boards.
If the community SPLITS by that - it was split in their hearts before.
And if that is the case, it will probably be good for both sites, as it relaxes the situation and creates a better mood in both places.
I disagree - outside of a few specific threads, I did not notice any real anti-Pandora sentiment. Certainly there were people who disliked the project for some reason, but they didn't post in the Pandora section anyway, so the situation with respect to them has not really changed.

EvilDragon said:
We even have some folks who were angry because the Pandora "invaded" these boards.
Those will be happy that Craig is gone - and the mood will lighten up. Also, there were guys who thought you can never criticize anything about the Panndora here because Craig will bash them and the mods will support him.
That's now changed, too.
This does concern me, but I don't see that creating an entire new board for the Pandora helps anything, since I'd be quite a bit more afraid to criticize Craig or the Pandora in a board created and run (or moderated, at least) by him.

EvilDragon said:
I've also seen a few of the NEW guys posting at the new boards, who never posted before, because e.g. the old board was too big for them-

What I think is, that both sites will get along together quite well.
Some people will happy here, some will be happy at the new boards. While the community might split here, the mood should be more relaxed and better on both sides - leading to more users to join and post.
I have seen more new people there too - I can see where these boards could seem intimidating to people who didn't know anything about the Pandora or Linux, etc., but that is an argument in favor of improving things here, or at most creating a "new users support board" there, not trying to replace the forums here.

I'm staying here. I may have to visit that other place at times when I recieve my Pandora but I'd never be a regular there. I've never had any opinions of craig, good or bad, before this. But since it's obvious he is purposely trying to hurt this community I can definately say I now have a negative opinion of him as a person. He can say he did this as a business decision all he wants but let's face it, he felt like he was some sort of victim and started those forums out of spite.

I've been there and from what I can tell there's some people who are claiming that this forum was going down hill with rampant fighting, out of control mods, blah blah blah. Where was all this supposed chaos? Sure there was a few incidents recently but hardly anything that was out of control. It's not like there were things like this on a daily basis.

I can't help but feel that craig, with his over sized ego, couldn't somehow win this time, since his problems were with mods, and threw a tantrum. If you want people to believe this was done to help OPT and ICP then make it a support forum only. If not then it's obvious this is purely a revenge tactic!

Orion4874 said:
I can't help but feel that craig, with his over sized ego, couldn't somehow win this time, since his problems were with mods, and threw a tantrum. If you want people to believe this was done to help OPT and ICP then make it a support forum only. If not then it's obvious this is purely a revenge tactic!
QFT

Probably the only good thing about this is that Craig's (probably) gone from here now. At first, I liked him, but eventually his attitude has gotten so childish I just can't stand it anymore. He can have a little tantrum with his own boards, but I'll stay here, thanks.

If i was a new Pandora user looking for some help, i wouldnt want to be visiting a place like this (in it's current "user state" and "functionality state"). "we" are now like that bar you go in where it's all regular locals where everybody has their own seat and the place goes quiet when you walk in and is dingy!
NOTE : i am not saying if i think this is good or bad.

It is also about time that a company producing a product like Pandora had it's own boards, under it's own control. Whether it becomes a support forum or takes over from this only time will tell.

I will be staying here, but may peek in on the Pandora forums now and then to check on progress. The trouble is I don't own a Pandora, and as such I have no incentive to go anywhere other than here, which will probably mean I will eventually end up forgetting it exists. I guess I feel the split has moved the Pandora further out of my sights, it's not like I perused the Pandora section a lot, but now it's even further away.

What's to stop people registering new accounts and trolling the new boards?

^ What should stop people from trolling the boards is trying to keep a cool head, relax and decide what's best for the community. Not that I'm interested much any more, but it would be a shame to see all the support go to waste. If Craig wants to come back, he can do that as I'm no MOD no anymore anyway. It seems he reactivated his account here as I saw him logged in here yesterday ;)

I would expect it from some members, especially banned ones...

^ I didn't see someone being banned except me, so far ;) Well, I'm no troll, so no problem from this direction. I've no aggression towards anyone and will start from zero elsewhere. I'll keep GP32X in my bookmarks, though. I've seen that Gruso is MOD now and it makes me confident it won't be a bad place in the long run, if people decide to stay there :)

Good luck, Depths :) You might be right. Maybe I was too blind to see all the cosequences of what I did. But if so, you also failed to tell me. I think about it and try to improve it, but I don't know if this will change my character.

edit:
Originally I just wanted to have a replacement for my N800. I don't stay in the corner and moan or am passive, I try to help. Right know I'm a bit confused to be honest. I think this will result in weird argument so I'll just back off. My "help" is neither wanted nor needed.

Oh the addicition, I can't stop posting. Craig is an incredible lyer, oh boy. Actually I was someone who propagated to not delete messages anymore and instead just move them to Off Topic. I learned my lesson as a MOD. Craig was the only person I ever warned, because he is just an impertinent troll and couldn't stop trying to get rid off all GPH related stuff. Run after your Messiah, but I tell you he's an evil man. All he wants is to sell his iCP and when they roll off the assembly line he will just drop you. And now just ban me, bloody lemmings :angry:

I mean I'm trying to message you but it wont let me, so i wondered if you had deleted your account

Back