Adventure Game Studio?

#1 GameMaster

Website
Visit site
I was just wondering if anyone is working on a port of Adventure Game Studio because the source has been released and it should definitely run on the Pandora since it works on my PSP. Although can't run to big of a game on my PSP since I have a FAT plus it only supports the newer versions at the moment which most of my favorites are older. That was the only reason I've had to pull my PSP out since I got my Pandora. :D

Anyways all I've manged to find about the topic was a post from the old forum here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where's the source then? The downloads page doesn't have a link to source code, and the FAQ says he will never release the source code... :\

I'll take a look.

Ok, compiled. Sent someone a PND to test, I'm not sure how it even works.. So if it's just CLI application I'm not gonna brother doing frontend and will just pack terminal with it. If it's serious about being _runtime_ then it needs to be distributed with AGS game (download game and drop the binary in folder, or do PND out of it)

It is the runtime. Need to plug in a game to go with it. Not a major problem. I tried compiling it myself the day after he released the source, but it wasn't especially linux friendly, like, at all. I can't seem to get access to the SVN anymore though to see if it has changed. How well did it compile for you?

I needed to compile crapload of depencies, other than that. It went fine.

I'm gonna distribute the runtime binary on wiki and PND on repo with zenity file selection script.

Hopefully that's good enough.

I statically compiled everything expect allergo and mpg123 to the binary, should not be that bad however.

Also yeah, all the depencies and ags-runtime itself had horrible build systems and some deps even needed source modifications.

I used this instead, which been brushed up a bit.

http://gitorious.org/ags

Anyways, still testing on IRC. I don't have pandora, so takes a while.

Well, the tester on IRC dint get it run with sample game we used. I can't test either how the runtime works since compiling this horrible mess to 32bit binray is not in my interest

So I'll put the tar.gz binary here, maybe you get it work with something maybe not.. I don't know, I don't have pandora :)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15640770/ags-runtime.tar.gz

I was asking about Allegro before, does that mean that a 3D digital art software would run on the pandora? or that it wouldn't and only the script is working?

p.s. any ports of desmume on the pandora networks?

Yeah, anyways... I won't continue doing any work on it unless I get a Pandora. You can try download ags game and put the files I posted inside the game directory and running 'run.sh'

desmume won't work on nice speeds on pandora.. ever.

When I get a chance I'll give it a try. If it cores out, I'll run through gdb and see if I can't help figure it out. May be a few days though.

I still need to debug it. I've tried running it every way I know of, and it always returns "Main game file not found." Part of the problem is that I believe AGS3.x is not compatible with AGS2.x, so older games won't run and there's no obvious way to figure out which games are 3.2 and which are 2.7. Or maybe the binary is just broken and doesn't read the game file.

I still need to debug it. I've tried running it every way I know of, and it always returns "Main game file not found." Part of the problem is that I believe AGS3.x is not compatible with AGS2.x, so older games won't run and there's no obvious way to figure out which games are 3.2 and which are 2.7. Or maybe the binary is just broken and doesn't read the game file.

Yeah, I had some people on IRC test it too with same issues. It might be some endianess problems dunno, I need to compile the binary for my desktop later and check it out.

Just found this topic - sorry guys, it kinda passed me by - we've some devs who would be happy getting their games on Pandora via AGS, and if things are this far along then there's hope. We're chatting about it over here:

http://boards.openpa...887#entry105887

Hopefully the problems you guys found can be ironed out, as I'd be happy to donate some cash for a good version of AGS on Panodra :)

Oh yeah. I've got a fully functional Pandora again, I can actually debug things again.

Back