A simple dream for the Pandora 2: a button layout everyone can agree on

larry

Instead of the current totally-symmetric X Y A B button setup, I'd like there to be one obvious default button and have the other three clustered around it. Like the Gamecube controller. There was never any confusion in Gamecube games as to which button you used in the menus, now was there!

Similarly, it'd be nice if games and emulators were steered towards having one consistent button that always always worked for pause / bring up menu. It'd have to be a special only-on-the-Pandora button, like the Pandora button is on the current Pandora, except I gather that one has some special functionality which means app developers can't use it or something.

I'm all for that.. but we had a dedicated pandora key that could have been universal for menus.. but nobody used it ;)

You can use the Pandora button for killing apps. So at least there is one overall function. And as much as i like the Gamecube controller i don't think such a button sheme would make sense on a handheld where space is crucial.

Developers should just make it clear which buttons are needed in their apps by explaining it onscreen. You can't force devs to use a mandatory set of keys.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can use the Pandora button for killing apps. So at least there is one overall function. And as much as i like the Gamecube controller i don't think such a button sheme would make sense on a handheld where space is crucial.

Developers should just make it clear which buttons are needed in their apps by explaining it onscreen. You can't force devs to use a mandatory set of keys.

I really wish there was a nice standard tho.. using the pandora key like the button on the xbox.

quick = options for application

long = options for pandora (unmount/remount SD cards, enable wifi, tweak brightness, Minimize app, quit app, sleep, shut down)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back