Release A SHoot 'eM UP for Pandora

klapse (on the repo) said:
Great game for a 1st or second effort! I made it all the way through on the second try and I am not good at shmups, so it is a little bit easy, I think.
That's what I expected. The game isnt meant to be hard but fun for score competitions (aka c4a).I'm very surprised that a few didnt crossed the 50k score line just yet...
That is because I just tested your game at work and didn't had time to test it later further.However I was surprised to find a c4a entry of me. Maybe you should tell the people, that the game will commit every game they play - even the bad ones. ;)

even the bad ones. ;)
Define "bad ones" :D I mean, that's score was your #1 on your device isnt it at that time ?Anyway, the c4a web interface hide your lower scores as it only display you best one.

On a side note : wifi on your pandora at work ? nice ;)

On a side note : wifi on your pandora at work ? nice ;)
OT: The pandora is my best wifi device, even far better than my smartphone. The least diconnections of all my machines. And quite fast. I can't nag. :)

Hi !

@ sebt3: thanks for this great homebrew game :)

Some questions / comments below:

* I noticed some rather important slow downs on my Rebirth @ 600MHz

* Level ending is anti climactic: screen keep scrolling until the scores appear...

* Could you make it more visible when the ship takes damage ? A blinking health gauge for example ?

* Readability issue: sometimes I can't see the bullets on top of some background colors.

* I think you should add a screen explaining the subtle scoring system somewhere.

* How big is the collision box ? Is it the whole ship sprite ?

Cheers, Magic Sam (2nd, just behind ALX ;) )

1st, with 491987 :D

Now waiting for NIX / Nixot to ruin all my efforts, just like with PARSEC47 ;)

Cheers, Magic Sam

Amazing scores. We have some very skilled arcade players here.
D-pad help a lot. I cant pass level 6 on desktop, while I easyly can on the pandora. But yeah, I have difficulties to reach the alex's 300k forget these 500k (personnal highest score at about 289k). I wasnt even aware that it was possible :D

Hi !

@ptitSeb: World is such a small place ;) Tell your son that bonus is the key to higher score. I managed to secure a 80+ bonus once, which led me to break the 500k barrier. Also, try to grab and update that 3 pellets gun ASAP, really useful on later stages. I wish him good luck, because even I can't reproduce it atm ;)

@ sebt3: BUG REPORT: when you pick up two bonuses at roughly the same time (life up + shield up for example), the lines of text overlap.

Cheers, Magic Sam

@ptitSeb: World is such a small place ;) Tell your son that bonus is the key to higher score. I managed to secure a 80+ bonus once, which led me to break the 500k barrier. Also, try to grab and update that 3 pellets gun ASAP, really useful on later stages. I wish him good luck, because even I can't reproduce it atm ;)
Hmm, I'm not sure of what your are taking about. What bonus?

Back