A Rainy Night In Soho

Green7

The rain was coming in on the horizontal and with no little force.

'Feck it' our protagonist thought, and ducked into what he thought was another generic coffee/sandwich shop with a roof.

As he took off his jacket with some care and more than some disdain for the collected rain, looked up.

CHAPTER TWO : ZOMBIE GEEKS

Last edited by a moderator:
It looked like 1998.

But there was no Half-Life. No Quake.

Just solo players hunched in unison over Advance Wars.

'WTF' thought our protagonist.

CHAPTER THREE : SPEWING PORTALS OF REYKJAVIK

Soho is where ?!

Sorry didn't mean to interrupt - consider it a commercial .

"it's raining sideways"

- Ollie Willams

Soho is in London's west end, though I think there's also one in New York too, probably elsewhere as well.

anyway. .. what is this all about, I don't follow?

CHAPTER THREE : SPEWING PORTALS OF REYKJAVIK

Our protagonist looked up from his vodka and sighed at an inward thought 'Will I ever be a Steve? Wozniak or Sinclair, I don't care.'

He laughed out loud at the unintentional rhyme and was immediately embarrassed. His obvious attempt to cover it up with a fake cough was noticed by none in the neon-lit 90's theme bar.

CHAPTER FOUR : THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO THE PICKPOCKETS OF SHANGHAI

'They take out one of yours, you take out two of theirs. They bring a baseball cap. You bring a deerstalker.'

Our protagonist laughed nervously. This had been the worst dinner date since that night in Korea with the sobers.

CHAPTER FIVE : A NEW HOPE

79296_gal.jpg

Wait, did we skip one?

As our protagonists opponent sank an easy black to win the frame, a coldness took hold. A short walk to the door would mean the end of malaise but the start of that illness, undefined but real and crippling.

Our protagonist knew this as truth. As if from half formed memory. As if from that moment between sleep and wake when all could be real.

Not 'as if' but 'could be'?

CHAPTER SIX : VALUE AND RETENTION

CHAPTER SIX : VALUE AND RETENTION

The band played 'Subterranean Homesick Blues' as our protagonist started to leave the place. As he left he thought about the future. A Utopia free of the concerns of money. Free of the concerns of previous mistakes. Free of the bind of commitment.

'What if..' he thought, 'what if..

The cancellations of regret flowed in to his mind.

CHAPTER SEVEN : THE SIMPLE WAY OUT

"The distortion of truth is never easy, And it's a long road back.

Better to let others think they being lied to benignly rather than told hard truths."

Winston Churchill

CHAPTER EIGHT : PHEW, WHAT A SCORCHER!

CHAPTER EIGHT : PHEW, WHAT A SCORCHER!

Celtic 2 - Barcalona 1

(Wanyama, Watt, Messi)

CHAPTER NINE : NEVER KNOWINGLY UNDERSOLD

CHAPTER TEN : FOR THE GREATEST GOOD

Our protagonist, now the hunger for unfettered success had gone, left in the same place as genuine morality, looked down on his flock with a new appetite.

CHAPTER ELEVEN : TOP TEN TOOTHBRUSH INNOVATIONS

"it's raining sideways"

- Ollie Willams

Soho is in London's west end, though I think there's also one in New York too, probably elsewhere as well.

anyway. .. what is this all about, I don't follow?

Or for those of us who aren't familiar with regions of London or New York, soho can mean small office / home office. It's a term sometimes used by office supply stores.

I do notice a lack of office related topics in the story so far, so I'm guessing it's not about a rainy night in a small office. Unless it's building up to the office related storyline.

:)

Prologue : Oh cow , wow , oh cow

The dying business genius muttered something under his breath . Then he dropped , but not before coughing there will never be open source software on my compa-ac ac , ac bad grahamar and spelling , ac ac

interesting... I never knew of this SOHO acronym. I like it

CHAPTER ELEVEN : TOP TEN TOOTHBRUSH INNOVATIONS

"Imagine, if you will, a new future. Double the power of the old. And for FREE!1!!!"

Here comes the science bit.

<jenniferanniston.jpg>

CHAPTER TWELVE : WE ARE NOT AMUSED

Back