A Nice Thread All About The Psp

Lubidog's Apprentice:

pavarotti_luciano_5x7_cavaradossi.jpg

ok,i post here so i don't start a new thread.

basically,emus on psp can now be overclocked to 333 mhz.this is all experimental,and some people on psp boards are a bit freaked by this.

now,since here we've been dealing with overclocking for quite some time,do you think it's quite safe to overclock a psp via emus?is the worst scenario a psp freezing or restarting like our gp32 or can it damage the processor or whatever?

Just been reading over at PSPHacker.com about an exploit for Firmaware 1.5 which should allow any homebrew code to run - at the mo its a video - so questionable provenance... BUT the creators are saying they will release stuff on Wednesday this week, in the form of a tutorial - so it may be real...

Argon0

@ watoto: I wouldn`t like to say, Some things are better overclockers than others. The GP have proved to be quite a robust litte bugger, As for the psp, Its a different kettle of fish, And i would say don`t be the first to try, Let someone else be the first.

Trooper

333 mhz isn't overclocking the PSP though is it?

I thought that all current games have been underclocked, or whatever the technical jargon is.

indeed

played a couple of games of fifa today

i like that its more like the older fifas (2003) in that one button does run and it seems less technical than the latest ps2 offering

i don't like the couple of seconds lag when you shoot for goal and miss, the game literally stops dead, very annoying!

other than that it seems great, gonna get down to some league action during the week

I have finally 'got' this psp wipeout! By which, I mean I finally see why this game is so good! I am pre-empting corners, using the air brakes, saving power up or replenishing my shield!

Yes, I've changed my mind. And everyones golf and untold legends should arrive tomorrow... But fifa's on it's way (ebay)!

But wipeout, stick with it folks! It really rewards hours of practice...

well,i tried snes,and it works a charm.333 really helps,a bit more work and i guess it
will soon be fullspeed.wich is really all i ever wanted,full speed snes on a handheld.f-zero already plays pretty much perfect,and i've been playing zelda too.this is cool

looks like i'm gonna have to go buy me a bigger memory stick soon. :)

Since the PSP does not run an operating system, 333mhz with 32mb of ram will be a beast for emulation, i mean just look at what the GP32 can do with 166mhz and 8mb of ram.

I have finally 'got' this psp wipeout! By which, I mean I finally see why this game is so good! I am pre-empting corners, using the air brakes, saving power up or replenishing my shield!

Yes, I've changed my mind. And everyones golf and untold legends should arrive tomorrow... But fifa's on it's way (ebay)!

But wipeout, stick with it folks! It really rewards hours of practice...

I told ya :D I was totally anti-wipeout when I first got it based on other GP32x members recommendations... I was hating it, but the more you play it, the more it grows on you, and slowly, it gets easier and easier, and is very rewarding feeling when you do finally beat whatever you've been stuck on.

well,i tried snes,and it works a charm.333 really helps,a bit more work and i guess it
will soon be fullspeed.wich is really all i ever wanted,full speed snes on a handheld.f-zero already plays pretty much perfect,and i've been playing zelda too.this is cool

Clarify this please??? The emu has an option for running the PSP at 333mhz now?? I've been saying that devvers would probably be able to allow you to OC the PSP... despite Dave C's constant negativity on the subject :D

How does the speed of Snes on the PSP at 333 compare to on the GP at 166 w/sound?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I just tried the latest version of the SNES emu with 333mhz option and FULL-SCREEN mode and it is bloody excellent.

I've only tried Mario World and Donkey Kong Country but both were superb. (Mario at FS3)...will try more games and report back....this really is a superb emu and has eclipsed the GP32 SNES Emu already.

Just hope everyone will be able to experience it from today...

Bast, put the latest SNES emu on NOW!

Fullscreen, fast, sound, saves...it's superb.

Bast, put the latest SNES emu on NOW!

Fullscreen, fast, sound, saves...it's superb.

:( my wife currently has my v 1.0 PSP. She's been loving bomberman on the PCE emu... I'll try to remember to try it tommorow. Is there a rom selector menu yet or still only one rom at a time?

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of games still aren't working though:

Like ISS and Aerobiz Supersonic.

The games vary in speed but everything I've put on so far has been playable.

well let's hope that this 1.5 crack really does get released... it's already wednesday, what's taking so long!

EDIT: Dave C, you negativist, if you're reading this, I TOLD you the PSP devvers would be able to run the PSP at it's full speed of 333mhz... "oh noooo... but it's locked! so it wont be any better than a GP32 at 200mhz" :p :p :p

Seems everyone will soon be adding this option to their PSP emus. The PCE emu just came out with a 333 option.

And WOW there is already a MAME emu out for the damn thing too!!! I need to start keeping a closer eye on this stuff! The friggin scene is EXPLODING. 3 more hours until the supposed 1.5 crack guys.....

Its already here!!!

1.5 "Exploit" (or SwapLoit as described in the PDF) is OUT!!!!

Requires 2 MS's and swapping the sticks at the right time, as well as some "jiggery pokery" - get it here:

http://www.only4.info/psp-dev/index2.html

Good luck everybody!

(sorry I'm posting this wherever I think It'll be appreciated...)

Back