A Nice Thread All About The Psp

Hmmm... I've got 5 games so far:

Ridge Racer: Cool - finished all but the MAX tour - can't get past the 2nd race!
Twisted Metal: Nice - but, well, not entirely convinced - will go back to this, but not just yet...
WipEout Pure: Cool - but difficulty ramps right up when you've done the first two sets of Tournies...
Lumines: WOW - didn't think I'd like it - was tossing up between it and Mercury - but Really glad I got it - the concept is very simple - there are only 4 types of blocks you can use - but its VERY addictive - just leant it to a friend for the night - not sure I can cope without it... Best game so far! Perfect for 5 minutes - OR an hour of play....
ATV Offroad Fury - well we'll see - only got it today - so will play tonight on way home - looks good and heard good things though

Out of the four games I've owned, I'd say Hot Shots Golf is the best. Twisted Metal is annoyingly buggy, THUG 2 really is terrible and Ridge Racers, to me, is just a 'meh' when you've done a few cups.

But yes, Hot Shots Golf more than makes up for it. It's a damn fine game.

lumines and hot shots golf are on my hit list.
right now i'm still only with wipeout and mg acid

THUG is horrible, even on classic mode. I am a fan of these games and the originals are much, much better.

The only game I own is Twisted metal Head on, and it's great, especially since you can go online with it. Lots of fun.

I'm waiting for Coded Arms, it's supposed to be released sometime this month.

Hmmm I would disagree, and I think I'm not the only one, considering how many great reviews the PSP THUG has gotten. I wouldn't say it's *horrible* but yeah, the THUG series of games are not as good as Tony Hawk's 1-3. Your statement is a little misleading though, on first read it sounded to me like you meant that THUG on PSP is horrible, when actually I think you mean the THUG games in general are horrible. Well I'm not a big fan of TH games though I loved the third one... I skipped 4 and both THUG's until the PSP version. I think it's a good game *shrug* it's fun, deep, not too easy or hard, controls perfectly, looks amazing, and really is 99% the same as playing a home console version. Well then I'll clarify... if you liked either THUG game on consoles, you will like THUG on PSP... it's the same thing.

I have not been a fan of Twisted Metal since after the first one. I have the PSP game and it's fun, good not great IMO, but it's another damn dark game that can be hard to see sometimes, both due to the lack of brightness and also since it's a fast moving game and with the dark settings there's a lot of blurring... annoying! I'd rather have a proper deathmatch game to play, anyways. I haven't played it online though so that might be why my oppinion of it isn't as high as some others.

I forgot to mention Mercury. It's actually pretty good as well... very much like Marble Madness or Monkey Ball (more marble madness though), but very different as well with the whole mechanic of playing with a glob of mercury as opposed to a solid ball/marble. Good graphics, great controls, but, like Wipeout, get's difficult fast (not AS hard as Wipeout though). Not *great* but definately good and worth playing if you like Monkey Ball/Marble Madness (I'm a HUGE fan of Marble Madness).

Coded Arms due out any day now... I can't wait!! Played quite a bit of this one at E3 and I was loving it! The controls aren't nearly as bad as was expected due to the PSP's lack of two analog sticks... it reminded me of playing Duke Nukem and Turok back on the N64... it's definately workable.

Last edited by a moderator:
coded arms, and the ghost in the shell SAC game. i really hope they turn out goood

yeah I tried that Ghost in the Shell game at E3 as well... it actually looked VERY similiar to coded arms, though I never found an enemy during the short time I played it, the levels looked very similiar. Right off the bat in GitS SAC I did find a tank that you can get in and ride around it which was cool. GitS games have been real hit and miss though and I think most of them have sucked so... I'm gonna wait and see on that one.

THUG is horrible, even on classic mode.  I am a fan of these games and the originals are much, much better.

The only game I own is Twisted metal Head on, and it's great, especially since you can go online with it.  Lots of fun.  

I'm waiting for Coded Arms, it's supposed to be released sometime this month.

Hmmm I would disagree, and I think I'm not the only one, considering how many great reviews the PSP THUG has gotten. I wouldn't say it's *horrible* but yeah, the THUG series of games are not as good as Tony Hawk's 1-3. Your statement is a little misleading though, on first read it sounded to me like you meant that THUG on PSP is horrible, when actually I think you mean the THUG games in general are horrible. Well I'm not a big fan of TH games though I loved the third one... I skipped 4 and both THUG's until the PSP version. I think it's a good game *shrug* it's fun, deep, not too easy or hard, controls perfectly, looks amazing, and really is 99% the same as playing a home console version. Well then I'll clarify... if you liked either THUG game on consoles, you will like THUG on PSP... it's the same thing.

Wow, you have the power now to tell me what I was thinking??

I've never played a THUG game EXCEPT for the PSP and it was horrible. My fiances sister bought it and I borrowed it and it was horrible, IN MY OPINION. Even the worst game will have someone that loves it and give it a good review, what kind of powers do you have to tell me that my opinion is wrong when this post was in fact an opinion.

I've played Tony Hawk games from 1 to 3, and MTV Skateboarding, which by the way is the best skating game ever, its for Dreamcast and PS1, BUT THAT IS MY OPINION, i love skating games and THUG on PSP was a steaming pile of shit compared to every other skating game i've played.

EDIT: MARK, what bugs have you encountered on Twisted Metal. I've played through it online and story mode with almost every char and haven't encountered anything out of the ordinary.

w00t

just won fifa 2005 for £33 delivered

now to hope my THUG2 auction goes for more than the curren £17.05!

I thought you said you would never buy FIFA.....!

I have enjoyed it very much, but it is frustrating....

Has anyone here tried tunnelling to play online....?

Wow, you have the power now to tell me what I was thinking??

I've never played a THUG game EXCEPT for the PSP and it was horrible. My fiances sister bought it and I borrowed it and it was horrible, IN MY OPINION. Even the worst game will have someone that loves it and give it a good review, what kind of powers do you have to tell me that my opinion is wrong when this post was in fact an opinion.

I've played Tony Hawk games from 1 to 3, and MTV Skateboarding, which by the way is the best skating game ever, its for Dreamcast and PS1, BUT THAT IS MY OPINION, i love skating games and THUG on PSP was a steaming pile of shit compared to every other skating game i've played.

Eh I think you misunderstood me or I you or both. I wasn't trying to tell you you were wrong at all. Of course an oppinion can never be 'wrong' at all. When I said your post was misleading it was because, when I read it, my first interpretation was that you meant specifically the PSP version was crap (which I guess IS what you meant!) in other words, like somehow they had screwed it up compared to the console THUG games. I don't know why it sounded like that to me at first. Then I thought about it and it's apparent to me that a LOT of you guys who did like the original Tony Hawk games have disliked the THUG games for various reasons. So even though you've only played the PSP version and were specifically saying it was crap, I'd bet money if you played the console THUG's you'd probably dislike them too. Just a guess, not telling you what to think or anything :D

That's why I said at the end though... IF you liked the console THUG's, specifically, you would like the PSP version... to 'correct' my earlier statement that fans of Tony Hawk games or skateboarding games in general would like THUG on PSP... which is obviously not the case. But then... I liked the original TH games and I do also like THUG on the PSP. It's not AS good as TH 2 or 3, but I think it's good.

Got my GP32 out to play Sudoku on the way in this morning, how disappointing - screen glare, washed out colours (and this is a BLU) then, after I'd finished my Sudoku, with eye strain, fished out the PSP to give ATV a bash - OOOOHHH wow what a screen!

Might keep GP32 to remind me how good the PSP screen really is....

(ARSE - just noticed 3 dead (well live actually) pixels when loading ATV- god that takes a long time!!! - pixels not together though...)

w00t

just won fifa 2005 for £33 delivered

now to hope my THUG2 auction goes for more than the curren £17.05!

...and so near to the day PES/WE info begins filtering through.

Oh the shame.

Yep, Konami have officially announced it!!!!

PS. Still can't believe you were there..... Can I tell you my greatest footballing moment? Well, I will anyway!
I am an opera singer, it's what I do for a living! I suppose I do quite well out of it, and am known to opera fans etc. But am no way famous! So I rang up the FA one day, and asked to sing the national anthem at a football match! They said"Are you very famous?", I said "yes!".
So there I was, England Denmark, November 16th 2003, Old Trafford singing the English and Danish Anthems, lined up with the squads, 70thousand joining in!, TV cameras in my face etc!!!!
Ah, famous for a day!!!

:D

I'll shut up now! But you were actually in the ground....

Greatest footballing moment?! Never mind footballing moment, that would be the greatest moment of my life....just like being at the European Cup Final.

Walk On. Sing On.

Back