A List Of Actual Planned Projects

argor said:
Game_over said:
If everything goes my way, I'll finish Mario HDR, but probably, just port my XNA game (most likely be and assets port unless it cold use C#, I'm thinking would have to take out the XNA Framework to be compatible, right? Someone correct me on this) I'm working on. I've been spending most of my time working on my online portfolio and it's not even online yet.
mono will be able to run on the pandora so unlese you are using somting that the mono runtime dont suport as it is now i dont thing you have any problem using c# ;)

Thanks, that's reassuring. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
squeakypants said:
I'm working on a game at the moment, and it should be in beta by the time the Pandora comes out. If I get one (or if the devs are nice enough to give me one...hint hint...) I'll definitely port it.

What game you ask? Oh, well that'd ruin the surprise, wouldn't it?

GP2X_Coder: Heh, your graphics look straight out of FF7! It looks great, but the Pandora can do more than that... That is, did you do it for the style, or for technical limits?
I did it for the style I could easily have made them high poly and real looking but I wanted a more anime type feel to them.

Well .. not as cool as the other guys .. but I just started working on a calendar and notes application. Currently started using GTK but if GTK is found to have problems on the Pandora might consider something else.

Chip said:
There is a lot of "I wish someone would" and "Wouldn't it be cool if" floating around the forum right now. I think nearly everybody has high expectations for Pandora (I know I do), but there's no clear picture of what us users can really expect in the way of software come spring. I think it would be immensely satisfying to have an idea of what we might actually see in the first few months following Pandora's launch.

To that end, I would like to request that any coders who are considering purchasing the device and have a project in mind, please reply to this post. We won't hold you to it (well, I won't hold you to it), but if you intend to make a game or app, ported or from scratch, available in some workable form within a few months of getting your Pandora, please let us know.

Thank you for your hard work and good luck with your projects.

GP2X_Coder said:
squeakypants said:
I'm working on a game at the moment, and it should be in beta by the time the Pandora comes out. If I get one (or if the devs are nice enough to give me one...hint hint...) I'll definitely port it.

GP2X_Coder: Heh, your graphics look straight out of FF7! It looks great, but the Pandora can do more than that... That is, did you do it for the style, or for technical limits?
I did it for the style I could easily have made them high poly and real looking but I wanted a more anime type feel to them.

whats the polycount for your models?

Game_over said:
GP2X_Coder said:
squeakypants said:

whats the polycount for your models?

About 700 per model.

Really? They look lower.

As a sidenote, they do look great :) I hate when people look at a 2d game or a low-poly game and say it's got crappy graphics. Mario Galaxy is way better looking than most 360 games.

squeakypants said:
Really? They look lower.

As a sidenote, they do look great :) I hate when people look at a 2d game or a low-poly game and say it's got crappy graphics. Mario Galaxy is way better looking than most 360 games.
here here.. personally I prefer 2D to 3D graphics most of the time... especially where RPG's are concerned.

Paradox said:
squeakypants said:
Really? They look lower.

here here.. personally I prefer 2D to 3D graphics most of the time... especially where RPG's are concerned.

I disagree there ;) RPGs are more movies than games to me, and I like to have crazy awesome graphics at that point! As awesome-looking FF6 is (and it is awesome looking), you can't tell me you wouldn't LOVE a 3d remake for 360.

GP2X_Coder said:

I think there are a lot of games showing that high poly and anime style work well together. :)

I have psx4pandora written down on my high priority list of stuff to do. :)

I'd think I'll start with Wolf3D, then Freesci... but then I want to take a break from ports and maybe make a few free games, and see where things go from there :)

zodttd said:
will you be receiving one of the first 100 pandoras?

zodttd said:
Is it just going to be you doing it and no one else in on it?

I just want the highest possible quality for that emulator :p

I'm not sure whether others from psx4gp2x will be joining in on Pandora. I might very well be able to handle this project from this point myself though if they are not available. :)

I'm not sure if I'm on the first 100 Pandora list atm. I've been out of touch for awhile.

Chip said:
I would like to request that any coders who are considering purchasing the device and have a project in mind, please reply to this post.
I have a photo viewing application that I would like to port to the Pandora. The user will plug the memory card from their camera into the Pandora, and browse their photos either on its own screen or on a TV. I have been experimenting with various pan-and-zoom photo-browsing user interfaces including plotting GPS-tagged photos on a satellite map (NASA's "Blue Marble" data). Currently I'm running this on a 533 MHz VIA x86-compatible nano-ITX board hooked up to a 1440x900 monitor; considering the lower screen resolution the Pandora should perform at least as fast. The critical things are stretch-blit speed and flash card read speed. I'm using DirectFB; I'm not yet sure if it has support for this processor / graphics system. I know that it has support for the TI Davinci; is that related to this chip? If not I guess I'll have to start by writing that....

I do ARM embedded system work professionally, mainly on XScale systems, so I hope that I can be of some help to the project. I also use Debian ARM a lot (e.g. on NSLU2s), and I'd love to see Debian properly support Pandora. Running full Debian is incredibly useful during development, even if you end up with something more slimmed-down in the "final product". I run Debian over NFS on some of my boards.

First create a pandora OE (http://www.openembedded.org/) recipe and then do "bitbake world" and wait a week to see what I get :)

I would also like to make the pandora my homeworld (http://www.relic.com/games/homeworld) :)

Phil Endecott said:
I have a photo viewing application that I would like to port to the Pandora. The user will plug the memory card from their camera into the Pandora, and browse their photos either on its own screen or on a TV. I have been experimenting with various pan-and-zoom photo-browsing user interfaces including plotting GPS-tagged photos on a satellite map (NASA's "Blue Marble" data).
That sounds really great. I don't believe anybody else is working on a photo viewing program yet, certainly not one that will handle geotagging. Good luck with the project.

zodttd said:
I'm not sure whether others from psx4gp2x will be joining in on Pandora. I might very well be able to handle this project from this point myself though if they are not available. :)

Count me in ;)

Just installed the PowerVR SDK. Might want to look at what it can do for a GPU plugin, eh? :)

I'm intrigued with the possibilities of things with a Pandora.

Possible pet project ports:

Soul Ride
Ballistics
Bandits: Phoenix Rising

No promises on published versions, mind, but I'm definitely interested in seeing if any of the code I've got my hard disk will bludgeon into Pandora-ish versions. If I succeed, I might be able to convince Michael Simms to at least make a path to get it into something a Pandora would use. Of course, this all depends on how much longer it takes for me to straighten out Bandits to get it out the door... :D

Back