A List Of Actual Planned Projects

Chip

[Insert Custom Title Here]
Website
chipandre.com
There is a lot of "I wish someone would" and "Wouldn't it be cool if" floating around the forum right now. I think nearly everybody has high expectations for Pandora (I know I do), but there's no clear picture of what us users can really expect in the way of software come spring. I think it would be immensely satisfying to have an idea of what we might actually see in the first few months following Pandora's launch.

To that end, I would like to request that any coders who are considering purchasing the device and have a project in mind, please reply to this post. We won't hold you to it (well, I won't hold you to it), but if you intend to make a game or app, ported or from scratch, available in some workable form within a few months of getting your Pandora, please let us know.

Thank you for your hard work and good luck with your projects.

Unless a major player puts a similar device on the market (Asus and Nokia are both headed in the right direction) then I am buying a Pandora. And I plan to make my Enigma port work there too. That isn't saying much, since I am intentionally making my changes for the gp2x in the most portable way possible, and the Pandora will require a pure subset of those changes anyways, so it should Just Work by then.

i thing i will be porting my project simple Tools(calulator , text editor Images Viewer and more)

C:\run

No that's not me working on porting DOS... it's a game. 2 coders, one artist working on it. I'm trying to track down couple more bugs in CromoZome then this will be in full swing! :D

Li'l Trooper

That is, if PokeParadox here has time for it at some point.
And after that... I dunno. Maybe a Bork game, like Bork: In Your Pocket, if anyone remembers that one.

If I buy a p&|a, I will gladly develop something for it.
Maybe a port of my previous projects on NDS and PSP, but I'd prefer something new, if I have a good idea.

Among other things like enhanced versions of some of my GP2X games, I have a very nice idea for a strategy-arcade game, but everything will depend on how easy implementing multiplayer functionality in games will be, and how much time I'll have :)

Magnulus said:
Li'l Trooper

That is, if PokeParadox here has time for it at some point.
And after that... I dunno. Maybe a Bork game, like Bork: In Your Pocket, if anyone remembers that one.
Ah yes, don't let me forget about that! :) I'll see if I can twist some arms and get my other coding buddies to step up to the task.
C:\run is something new, we are very carried away with the ideas... it was a good 3-person Skype chat for a good hour or two discussing how it could be done. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
That is awesome! I hope it turns out well!
As much as I'd like Li'l Trooper to be made, it's only because I think it'll be a cool game, and all I really want is to have a bunch of cool games to play, so any awesome game that is made is fine by me! ^_^

I'm going to develop some Music and VJ apps.

My main idea at the moment is to develop a configurable Midi/OSC interface to run over wireless. It will take advantage of the touchscreen and have configurable controls that can be placed on the screen. Each of the controls can be assigned to a control change or note on etc.

Perhaps I'll have a go at an actual vj app too, seeing as we're going to have openGL.

Super Fishball, using the larger display for several views at once and introducing spawning and shark mortality along with slowing down the play and increased framerate is looking a bit alright. IOTCS will be first, already re-drawn for pandora's aspect before it's even finished for the gp2x.

Oh and Star Hustlers, of course, thing begs for a touchscreen.

I am toying with the idea of making Picross for the Pandora, might make this a very cheap commercial game, say £2 to £4. I done some quick images to see roughly how it would look at Pandora resolution:

http://www.emuboards.com/scratch/picross1.png
http://www.emuboards.com/scratch/picross2.png

First uses double pixel lines, second image uses single pixel. Not sure how it would look on a Pandora screen if the single line would be too small or not.

If everything goes my way, I'll finish Mario HDR, but probably, just port my XNA game (most likely be and assets port unless it cold use C#, I'm thinking would have to take out the XNA Framework to be compatible, right? Someone correct me on this) I'm working on. I've been spending most of my time working on my online portfolio and it's not even online yet.

Game_over said:
If everything goes my way, I'll finish Mario HDR, but probably, just port my XNA game (most likely be and assets port unless it cold use C#, I'm thinking would have to take out the XNA Framework to be compatible, right? Someone correct me on this) I'm working on. I've been spending most of my time working on my online portfolio and it's not even online yet.
mono will be able to run on the pandora so unlese you are using somting that the mono runtime dont suport as it is now i dont thing you have any problem using c# ;)

I plan on bringing mpd/ommpc over from the gp2x...hopefully with some web-enabled improvements centered around podcasts and internet radio...along with interface tweaks. I might be the only person to use it, but it will at least contain the functionality I desire... :)

awesome... i was hoping you would be making a game for the pandora - though it was never released salvaria showed amazing quality that alot of people try to claim cant exist in homebrew games. The images look great but what type of game is it?

Jackd said:
awesome... i was hoping you would be making a game for the pandora - though it was never released salvaria showed amazing quality that alot of people try to claim cant exist in homebrew games. The images look great but what type of game is it?
It will be kinda like the legend of zelda / mario type game style. I have lots of work to do finshing the animations and working on the main village and characters and hopefully will have a demo ready to port to the pandora as soon as its released.

I'm working on a game at the moment, and it should be in beta by the time the Pandora comes out. If I get one (or if the devs are nice enough to give me one...hint hint...) I'll definitely port it.

What game you ask? Oh, well that'd ruin the surprise, wouldn't it?

GP2X_Coder: Heh, your graphics look straight out of FF7! It looks great, but the Pandora can do more than that... That is, did you do it for the style, or for technical limits?

Back