A First Look at the Smach Zero SteamOS Console

The second guy from the left, is that MWeston? I wonder what he does those days. I didn't heared much of him in the last years. ^^"

2 years and 299 price point.. My internet sucks but is there any technical information ( I was having trouble loading up the page... Satellite internet sucks.) By that time our pyra's would be out and I'd rather have a pyra. A pyra is more use to me then a "Steamboy" as much as that sounds like a steampunk version of playboy I'd still rather have a pyra. :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anybody tried Steam on the Pyra Devboard? I hope some wizards of the community will be able to port Steam (and its libs of course) to Pyra :D
Yeah I have with the x86 Linux version of steam, it's promising, but abysmal without 3D acceleration working yet.

Edit: By the way this isn't a port, it's using x86 emulation... porting would be near impossible and possible get some negative attention from Valve if it was done... Also porting Steam would be useless unless they start having ARM versions of games.
Wait wait wait... You were able to stream even Borderlands 2 without 3d acceleration! Yes, it lagged a lot but Half-Life did, too. So, does that mean we will be able to stream all Steam games with exagear (and lagging a lot)? (and playing some of them maybe??)
Well I won't claim it will work well until I see it with 3D Acceleration enabled. My fear is that it will still be CPU limited.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got the recent email update.

Few good things noted.

The looking 1080p instead of 720p

64GB instead of 32GB

They looking at implementing a classic DPAD, design details to be announced, I'm wondering if will be similar to the XBONE Elite one that uses magnets to swap them out?

Be good to get a Nintendo styled DPAD on it.

Emulators!

These are on their wish list.

This has my full attention now.

Still at €299 ... so will cost me £299 no doubt :)

Back