3g hspa

I found it.

These are advanced The apn and pin no. how can i find out,can they find out on the pc.

Where it says network, do i put anything there.

The basic do i fill that in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Filled in apn info.

Takes you back to network connections and when i go to network manager my connection is not there.

Do you mean the connection is not there if you left-click the NetworkManager after inserting the USB stick, or do you mean the connection is not there if you right-click the NetworkManager and look fot it again under "Edit Connections"?

Do you mean the connection is not there if you left-click the NetworkManager after inserting the USB stick, or do you mean the connection is not there if you right-click the NetworkManager and look fot it again under "Edit Connections"?
In edit connections wireless mobile broadband it has gsm connection 1.

So is the "gsm connection 1" the one you created for your USB stick? Or is the one you created missing now?

Note that you can (and should) change the name of the conenction to something like "3G Orange" or something more descriptive...

When i insert my stick my connection is not there at all.

I want to send you link on orange for apn no. have a look at the apn no. should be orangeinternet take look at it.

http://www.unlocked-...-providers.html

In mobile broadband tab my connection name is "3G Orange" should the O be case sensitive.

When going in network manager in mobile broadband tab

basic

Number:*99#

username blank

password blank.

Advanced

apn:eek:rangeinternet

network:blank

pin:blank

edit: are these correct.

you may need your APN settings, try searching the net for them.
What apn settings?

As i mentioned before my apn is orangeinternet isn't that enough.

You see this stick isn't mine,i'm just borrowing it,good thing i'm not paying for the charges.

You need Login and password for most providers.
Are you saying i need uername and password and do i have to write this info in basic mobile broadband tab settings.

The problem is nothing showing in network manager icon,when i press left it's not showing my connection.

These are the apn settings i found on the web:

APN: orangeinternet

Username for APN: [leave blank]

Password for APN: [leave blank]

APN: orangeinternet

Username for APN: user

Password for APN: pass

APN: orangewap

Username for APN: Orange

Password for APN: Multimedia

you need access point settings if you search the net for <inser your provider here> mobile dongle access point settings you should be able to get the relevent details you need.

you need access point settings if you search the net for <inser your provider here> mobile dongle access point settings you should be able to get the relevent details you need.
Is the access point wap (wireless access point) that's not easy to find.

can't that be found if i insert the stick into pc,this stick brings up dialog box with run setup, doesn't require cd to install.

The apn setting is orangeinternet.

The problem is my broadband stick is not showing in the network manager,how can that be seen in there.

Right-Click on the NetworkManager icon in the tray, choose "Edit connections", chooose the tab "Mobile broadband" (or similar, can't check actual wording right now), add a new profile and enter the data for your data plan (usually the APN and - if needed - the SIM PIN are enough. You can find out the APN either in the settings of your PC software, or by asking the provider or searching the Internet for e.g. "orange APN". After submitting the changes, connect the stick, wait a minute. Then click on NetworkManager. If the new profile you generates is displayed and choosable, click it. The Pandora may connect now. If it's not, you may need modemmanager. Open a terminal and enter

Code:
 sudo opkg install modemmanager
If you get an error about files not to eb overwritten and modemmanager thus is not installed, you may need

Code:
 sudo opkg --force-overwrite install modemmanager
after installation of modemmanager, disconnect the USB stick, then reconnect it, wait a minute, and click NetworkManager again. If the profile is choosable now, click it and let the Pandora connect. If it's not, please report here.Then deeper diagnosis is needed. Daniel
I've done everything you told me to but in the network manager my broadband stick is not showing.

Good day

I had to help a friend with a cell stick 2 years ago,

so he would not have to suffer windows.

The stick had 2 devices associated with it(shows in dmesg as 1st device),

when 1st plugged in was a fake usb-cdrom (probably with config info),

when I gave command "eject /dev/sdb", then it became the modem

with a different usb ID. Added that command to rc.local

I don't know if this is your problem

dave

You could try to put the simcard into a cellphone or connect the modem to a Windows PC and disable the PIN as Linux tends to have problems with PIN input.

Also, what Dave said: Some 3G modems show themselves as CD drives containing the windows driver. They need to be modeswitched to work as a modem. For this you might need the usbmodeswitch program, installed with:

Code:
sudo opkg install usb-modeswitch-data

sudo opkg install usbmodeswitch

After that you should reboot and try connecting again. It should modeswitch the device automatically. If you have such a device...

Back