3d Stereo Glasses

Yup, Mosh is right. A buddy of mine bought some (for 20 Quids) and he can´t use it, as he hasn a ATI Radeon AIW

Ok they just arrived, I'm getting the drivers and all now, if I can pull myself away from the games I'll come back and tell you what I think.

EDIT: I'm having some trouble, every time I set the stereo tab to on, when I exit back to the desktop it is disabled, any one know why?

Simple. The new drivers don't work with 5200 cards. You need to be on either a 57.xx set with comparable stereo drivers or a 61.xx set; can't remember which was the last combo where it did work.

Personally, I've given up on stereo for now (my PC can't handle it properly anyway with new games), just playing Go. Once some more drivers arrive, I'll try again :)

Got them working. Wow!

This is brilliant, pity Halo doesn't work too well with them though.

EDIT: Is it just me or is it very hard to get games to work with these? I usually end up seeing double if I don't get the seperation exactly right, plus BattleField just plain won't work.

Are the lights in the lenses supposed to flash?

Also could someone reccomend a low end game to try?

Got them working. Wow!

Coool, So no one is going to get killed :) hehe

Plane Crazy is a old game and it looks nice with 3D..

Best game I have played so far with 3D has to be PainKiller

Last edited by a moderator:
The JFK game works ok, but it has a slight border around the edge, they are still brilliant though, best thing for them is the nVidia demo.

EDIT: Are the lights on the lense supposed to flicker or stay on constantly? It's really fucking annoying when they go on and off.

Well.....

I hope someone can help me (Tobriand?)

These glasses are great, BUT, I'm having problems.

I'm getting the flashing problem, where every few aseconds, the glasses drop out and I get a flash of brightness for a few frames, then it goes back to 3d.

So...... I tried EVERYTHING on EVERY forum I could find, invcluding driver combinations, disabling/removing hardware, IRQ settings, and so on and so forth, all with no luck.

So then, I tries the Activator utility, and wahay! NO more flashing!

BUT - now the view in the eyes swaps back and forth randomly. So I can be going along and suddenly the right hand view is in the left eye and vice versa. Makes your head go weird I tell you! So I looked this up, and apparently, this can generally be solved by the same things, so I tried them all again, and still no change :(

I'm getting pissed off now, and really like using these glasses, and to be honest, would much prefer to put up with flashing than eye-swapping problem.

If anyone at all can help me out by suggesting stuff, I'd really appreciate it (BTW, they are wireless and I have changed the batteries too...).

HELP!

Got them working. Wow!

EDIT: Is it just me or is it very hard to get games to work with these? I usually end up seeing double if I don't get the seperation exactly right, plus BattleField just plain won't work.

Are the lights in the lenses supposed to flash?

Also could someone reccomend a low end game to try?

Best game I've found so far is Unreal Tournament 2003.

looks fantastic...!

Last edited by a moderator:
Axeman: The flashing thing you're talking about, is it caused by IRQ's being shared? 'Cause my Graphics and sound cards are sharing, which I hear is a problem.

Also does your flashing seem to come from the glasses, or the moniter? Mine is the glasses.

flashing *lights* are nothing to do with the 3d effect... have you got LED's on your glasses? if you have, and they're annoying you, just mask them off with tape...

dodgy vision through the glasses is a common problem, and is caused by them going out of sync with the monitor... try different refresh rates/resolutions... if the glasses are letting the wrong image through each eye, then I think I heard of modifications / software/driver solutions that can effect a switch...

also there are loads of options in the stereo 3D menu *deep in the display properties, but I guess you saw that already...*

I've never owned any shutterglasses, so I don't know... just offering suggestions from what I've read...

Back