3d Stereo Glasses

Cheers Mosch. I'll have a look tonight when I'm home from work.

Please let us know if they look better with the Elsa drivers :)

Thanks

what does

ELSA GLADIAC Series only

mean?? does that mean them drivesr only work with that Card???

Also what does Cyberlink Power Director Patch File do??? Is that jsut a patch for Cyberlink to work with the ELSA Graphics card, Or does it make Cyberlink play Films in stereo 3D ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I got mine for 20 quid plus £3.99 recorded delievery. Ebay listing here. It looks like he's got plenty of them.

Two of my mates have bought them since I got mine :)

Just remember they are for Nvidia cards only and you may have to break a pin off your monitor cable as I did to get them working. Oh and don't think they are a fashion accessory. They look like a cross between a Mc Donalds Happy Meal freebie and something Roy Orbison would wear :)

They look like a cross between a Mc Donalds Happy Meal freebie and something Roy Orbison would wear :)

aeye2000.jpg

:blink:

Attachments

• aeye2000.jpg
    aeye2000.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 112
I ordered a pair, if they arn't good you die  ;) .

I'll be very surprised if you don't like them.

Let's put it this way. Every one of my friends and family that has seen them has said "Wow" or words to that effect. We had to tell one of my mates to close his mouth several times.

If you can see those magic eye pictures and want an idea of what the glasses are like just imagine a moving magic eye picture with more depth but with the proper colours and graphics of a 3D game of your choice (most work well by all accounts) I've tried several. I've even played mario kart 64 in 3D under emulation. The models look very simple by PC standards but it still adds a hell of a lot to the game :)

Edit: Axeman have you got yours yet? and if not are you sending the boys in? ;)

I don't know what refresh rate it is, how do I tell?

In Halo it has an option to change it though, I love Halo...

I ordered a pair, if they arn't good you die ;) .

I'll be very surprised if you don't like them.

Let's put it this way. Every one of my friends and family that has seen them has said "Wow" or words to that effect. We had to tell one of my mates to close his mouth several times.

If you can see those magic eye pictures and want an idea of what the glasses are like just imagine a moving magic eye picture with more depth but with the proper colours and graphics of a 3D game of your choice (most work well by all accounts) I've tried several. I've even played mario kart 64 in 3D under emulation. The models look very simple by PC standards but it still adds a hell of a lot to the game :)

Edit: Axeman have you got yours yet? and if not are you sending the boys in? ;)

I got them today (took over a WEEK to get delivered!).

BUT - they dont bloody work. I think it's the batteries in the glasses themselves. Shouldn;t have bothered with wireless. Now I gotta get two CR1620 watch-type batteries. Anyone know a good place for these (apart from Maplin).

So near, yet so far !!! :(

Uh oh, I think I made a mistake. Refresh rate is 60Hz. Crap.

Is there a way to put it up? Or will I have to buy a new one?

EDIT: Well if I put the res down I can crank up the refresh rate, but it looks so ugly on 800*600.

Ah well, I'm building a new computer next year, so I'll pick up a new moniter then.

Wahay! They're working (after a fresh set of batteries!)

Gotta say, I'm impressed. Takes a bit of getting used to, but once your eyes have adjusted, the effect is great. Best game I've tried them on yet is Unreal Tournament 2003 (after a recommendation from a website) and BOY do they work!

It's like everything is THERE, and when you fall down a hole, it feels like you're really falling!

blimey

Welll - will carry on fiddling and post further results as I get them :D

damn, I want some now! running on a bog-standard TNT2 at the moment though (geforce3 cooling-fan malfunction)

tried any emulation yet? ;) f-zero on the N64 seemed to work on the anaglyph glasses if I remember rightly...

OH! hasn't it been mentioned in this thread yet? If you have an Nvidia card, you can get stereo 3D on those old red/blue glasses that you might have gotten free in cereal packets/certain video rentals, etc... (you know... the red and blue ones...)

they work pretty well ;)

i'm not gonna explain *everything*, but you have to download the Nvidia stereo drivers and do a bit of fiddling around... I used to play paper mario in proper 3D all the time... :D

yup, but Stereo 3D is 100 times better than the Red and Blue :)

I think the Stereo 3D glasses will work on your TNT Card

Are there any good glasses that work with ATI cards (9xxx) out of interest or is it nvidia exclusive?

damn, I want some now! running on a bog-standard TNT2 at the moment though (geforce3 cooling-fan malfunction)

Should work. It did work gracefully with my Erazor 3 Pro.

yaustar: Basically, the shared opinion on this subject is "Forget using shutter glasses with ATI cards".... Nothing really seems to work on my 9600 Pro.

They do, in theory. In theory communism works, too. Seriously, don't try it, the compatibility is awful. That goes for both communism and the glasses on ATI.

Back