2Nd Review Case Should Arrive Soon.

Honestly, Michael can decide where he wants to be. If he asked for help it would be one thing, but it's not up to the community to decide whether he should fly to China, imo ;)

skater_j10 said:
I definitely agree with hch, I would also send MWeston over to China to talk to the manufacturer directly and stay there until the case has met the proper standards and looks good enough to Mass produce. BUT I can see a couple potential problems with this scenerio:

1. It costs lots of $$$ to send someone to China
2. MWeston may have a full-time job and not enough vacation time to go for a trip
3. Language Barrier, I'm guessing that MWeston went to a Canadian School such as myself and did not have a chance to learn Mandarin or Cantonese just French so an interpreter/guide would probably need to be hired as well.

My question to our community is this: If MWeston was possibly able to take time off to go to China would anyone be willing to contribute to a "Michael Goes to China" Fund?

I mean if we have everyone donate $10 and we got at least 500 forum members to contribute we could raise 5 grand to send him on his way. I would probably be willing to pay double that to have a Pandora in my hands that much faster. I was pricing out flights and it looks like it would be around $2000-4000 to fly him out there and back with Air Canada.
I don't see the point. In the time it would take organising the fundraising and booking tickets and hotel and whatnot, the cases might already be done. We got a date now let's just wait and see if they will meet the deadline. The main thing here is that the cases are improving and that we are getting closer...

Last edited by a moderator:
Im afraid it is in a big way up to he community, as the community is the reason this thing is off the ground. it doesnt hurt to ask things like suggesting a trip, thats like telling the memeber his idea isnt worth it. worth the time.

I've made the "Go to China" suggestion a few times. First to members complaining about the time it was taking, and then I thought Michael should go, just so we can work this out once and for all. At this point in time, it probably won't be financially sound. I would imagine with a day job, there's no telling when and if he could take the time to do it. By the time something could be worked out, they will probably be done. That ticket is super expensive, and I could only imagine what room and board would cost.

Hopefully all things will be handled by the Chinese New Year(feb 14th). If not, all we can do is wait, there really isn't allot of options at this point!

Chris

Jaguar said:
Im afraid it is in a big way up to he community, as the community is the reason this thing is off the ground. it doesnt hurt to ask things like suggesting a trip, thats like telling the memeber his idea isnt worth it. worth the time.
Ok, a suggestion has been made. Let's wait for MWeston to respond and if he doesn't respond don't nag him. It's easy to do :)

I have another suggestion- maybe it's not worth it to have these improvements done now with the pandora seeing so many delays to production. Just a suggestion. Maybe it's just time to say "go" anyway.

Obviously I've not seen the cases as they are now in person but it has sounded like these are minor cosmetic/quality issues.

well, maybe a MP run will reduce them but no one wants a flawed design/production

even Microsof had to cope with the 360 issues so lest not rush this.

even more if we already waited so long ( :( sad i have to sell my Pre.Order)

most of the warping and smearing "cosmetic issues" are more than just cosmetic issues, they usually indicate
a structural failure.

Sending Michael to China over the Pacific ocean is dangerous!

Look what happened to this guy:

sd2001_castaway_wilson-196x300.jpg

If Michael does make it to China safely he'll be able to have REAL Chinese food with real Siamese
not that house cat swill we usually get here in the northern hemisphere.

[Image removed at members request]

craigix said:
Let's try a new way of showing you the situation, we will just copy and paste the emails from the factory:

[Letter from supplier]

This will be what we do from now on.

Cool.

Thanks much. I like this approach. If you're not worried about it spooking the vendors, I hope you can keep posting emails like this. I think it'll make following this project simultaneously less frustrating and more educational.

Seeing more of these emails in updates would shut up most of my complaints about OpenPandora. (However, I reserve the right to whine pointlessly.)

Yeah man the cat thing was just in poor taste. Let's be friendly. :)

And ehh honestly I'm not sure what can really be done to speed up the cases, I mean the factory said they're working on it and sure, OP is probably one of the smaller fish they're working with over there, maybe a few emails reminding them that they said 45 days months ago, and that they've already paid, but I dunno if it really matters at this point.

i despise of those that think the previous was a mere joke.

i had to deal several times with those that keep saying X food has B animal some people think is true
making and developing tons of confrontations and disputes and name calling etc.

i just HATE IT because it is not a mere joke PERIOD!

@ tensuke.
well this is a common issue with working with chinese suppliers, theres nearly no way to boast a pressure in without the
use of a local (chinese) consultancy firm.

I can honestly say I will wait patiently for as long as it takes, as long as it's perfect.

DroneB Dev said:
i despise of those that think the previous was a mere joke.

Cat in the Kettle said:
There's a cat in the kettle at the Peking Moon
I think I got to stop eating there at noon
They say that it's beef or fish or pork
But it's purring there on my fork
There's a hair ball on my fork

No smoke without fire, imo.

D.

i cant believe you keep on this, this is no place for that kind of topics anyway.

and i despise of those who think this is funny and also that think all the people eat X.

i never denied i just say i hate it when people say thats a common thing to happen.

its like i said all french eat worms and bugs. (sorry if i took that as an example)

DroneB Dev said:
rmm21 said:

Fu** thats not funny.

ill take that last part as an attack to chinese cuisine!.

if some remote place does any weid dish doesnt mean everyone does!, i really hate those kind of comments ill ask politely to remove that!

its not like all the ---- eat **** because some of a bunch does!!. also Not everyone on mexico likes SPICY FOOD neither eats burritos all day!!!
Before you turn up your nose at some foreign dish at least taste the sauce first.

Sounds like the mould injection company got a higher priority customer to satisfy and we got put to the back of the cue..

Might buy a Dingoo / wiz to bide some time..

any idea how quick gbax can turn them around (I'm assuming gbax is craigix's operation?)

Back