Hey Craigx - Oct 2nd: First Final Units Arrive On

wild_eyed

Website
Visit site
Oct 2nd: First final units arrive on the 4th,, what does this mean, will you start shipping soon, im one of your pre-order lovers. also, what should i email if i want to change my shipping address, the order setup, only asked me for the billing address. and its slighty different for where i want it delivered.

From what I gathered, it means the finalized production version of GP2X is supposed to be due then. Not actual shipping units.

I think it means the PCB and bits of plastic can all be made into a final GP2X on that date, but I've heard that the software that actually goes inside the machine (for the user interface, etc) won't be ready for an unknown period after that date. Could be days, could be a few weeks.

I'd just stick with the original planned date - mid to near end of Oct for gbax pre-orders. End oct to begin of Nov otherwise.

Yes, the first final units will be ready, but they are for beta testing and review purposes. Once the firmware is tested to the max (maybe DaveC would be good at that ;) they will be released.

-Craig

just as long as i get mine by the 6th of november ;) going to canada so dont wanna be there whilst 8000 miles away a gp2x sits in a box in my house waiting for me :/

lol

wild_eyed posted on Oct 4 2005 at 02:19 AM said:
also, what should i email if i want to change my shipping address, the order setup, only asked me for the billing address. and its slighty different for where i want it delivered.
If you ordered through GBAx, I simply emailed them with my order number and the shipping address that I wanted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back