2Nd Review Case Should Arrive Soon.

let them decide, you dont have anything to do here, but sound off. and you dont speak for anyone else here, exceept you. its to bad that the fan club comes out and wastes valuable time, in life getting on here and trashing people, but thats find , as ive been pounced on by much better dweebs than you coat tail chasers. , lol and lmao

Jaguar said:
let them decide, you dont have anything to do here, but sound off. and you dont speak for anyone else here, exceept you. its to bad that the fan club comes out and wastes valuable time, in life getting on here and trashing people, but thats find , as ive been pounced on by much better dweebs than you coat tail chasers. , lol and lmao
How many pills have you done today? Really, you sound like your off your trolly mate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jaguar said:
and the isnt Gerald 1
Your two accounts have a very similar writing style, so I'm not surprised that people think that.

I'm also really annoyed by the delays, but not enough to cancel my order.

Considering that the people who canceled their orders did get their money back (we would've heard about it if they hadn't), it doesn't seem like there's something shady going on, not with the OP team at least.

Esn, it doesnt really matter about what the goomers say. i do appreciate your post. I wish there were more like you , that dont get on here, and go to town on people. im going to hang in here till the fifteenth and see what we hear.

Jaguar said:
its to bad that the fan club comes out and wastes valuable time, in life getting on here and trashing people, but thats find , as ive been pounced on by much better dweebs than you coat tail chasers. , lol and lmao
I would define "wasting valuable time in life" as getting worked up by a goddamn electronic gadget. Don't get me wrong, I'm as restless as anyone who has their money down. But a little perspective helps.

craigix said:
Let's try a new way of showing you the situation, we will just copy and paste the emails from the factory:

----

Dear Mr.Michael,

sorry, after i discussed with our technician and we found all of modifications would be finished on Jan.15,2010.

We compared market products with our products last week and we need more EDM working to make the same quality.

I have to inform you and so sorry for delay.

Best regards,

David

----

This will be what we do from now on.

that's prolly your better PR moves next to make chip the PR guy...
I hope than most of us are ready to wait and are more annoyed by the wrong (deliberate?) estimation than the unfortunate bad news...

we need to keep things as they are, each our own pr person, that is the only fair way of doing things. I have to wait till the 15th, anyway,so Ill see hwat happens then.

Jaguar said:
we need to keep things as they are, each our own pr person, that is the only fair way of doing things. I have to wait till the 15th, anyway,so Ill see hwat happens then.
Lol, I said something very similar to this when I split with my ex ;) Maybe your on a comedown...

Jaguar said:

The best and most coherent (relatively speaking) thing you've said all day.

Mods, could we get this pointless thread closed now please?

Cheers
:)

your the only one who gets on here and says the thread is pointless, . most everyone else is minding their own business.

Jaguar said:
your the only one who gets on here and says the thread is pointless, . most everyone else is minding their own business.
Do you know what a forum is? We are not supposed to mind our own business.

Alright, I've read these forums almost everyday for the past 3 months but am very reluctant to post anything for the very reason we have seen in this thread. The forum heats up and it becomes a battle of veiled insults instead of a battle of wits.

Truth is, I've never signed up for a forum until I pre-ordered a Pandora (yes...Forum virgin here) and I'm not sure if other forums are always like this or if this is an exception. I guess I've seen some ridiculousness on youtube so maybe it's my naivety that hoped these forums would be a safer place. I realize that some are quite frustrated with the waiting game and maybe that's why we see some tempers flying but I want to suggest that we take that frustration and use it to our benefit.

For me, as I've waited I've ended up using that hunger for the product to learn more about it and the world surrounding it. I have the entire Pandora concept and community to thank for introducing me to a number a great things that I was unaware of, like Angstrom, Texas Instrument Processors, emulating with smaller processors, Mayflash USB adapters, keymat & analog nub design, silk-screening (and logo copyrights), indie game design, DOSBOX, SD card classes, and how electronic Products are mass produced (on a smaller scale). I think I have learned more by not having the device then I ever would have by just acquiring it right away.

While we can all agree that the release of information is very tight, and not always clean cut, deadlines are pushed back time after time (for a number of reasons), But I will always stand and applaud the OP Team for creating such an amazing idea and sharing the process of the build with everyone no matter how difficult it's been for the community (investors). It provided me with an avenue that forced (motivated) me to do some research, read around on the forums/web, and learn more about the Linux/retro gaming world than I ever would have otherwise.

I guess all I'm saying is that it seems like we all have a lot of energy that we want to pour into the Pandora but are confused on where to put it. I chose to put mine into learning more about the thing, but I know others want to Help and be a part of the project in other ways, my question to the OP team is: how and where? I think the wallpaper thread was a great start but what's next? What else can we contribute/do while we patiently wait?

ooops...wrote whits instead of wits

Hey MWeston, mind if I have the spoilered section as a signature?
My current status:
MWeston said:
just sitting with a tub of popcorn enjoying the show. :)

And Jonlad, how about a light snack? You're the best!
:p

(And I'm sorry Jaguar, but I must say that if you put your and Gerald's post through a speech synth, they both sound about the same. Some of them sound entertaining. (But doesn't any speech synthesized text? ;) ))

EDIT: @skater_j10. This forum is reasonably sensible, though everybody gets excited when the Pandora gets close. You may not know of Godwin's Law, but this is only the second forum that can invoke it and be back on topic after two posts. That's impressive.
Oh, and I think you mean a battle of wit, but I must say 'a battle of whit' comes close, seeing
thefreedictionary.com said:
whit (hwt, wt)
n.
The least bit; an iota: doesn't give a whit what was said; not a whit afraid.
Sometimes sure feels like it.

Skater, here is one idea, when i get my pandara, i at least can mention it, and even post soem pics of it on places , such as myspace and facebook. i think it will be something enitrely different to mention on these sites as they ususally are msotly fighting war games, are socializing , which is of course what they are for too.

skater_j10 said:
I guess all I'm saying is that it seems like we all have a lot of energy that we want to pour into the Pandora but are confused on where to put it. I chose to put mine into learning more about the thing, but I know others want to Help and be a part of the project in other ways, my question to the OP team is: how and where? I think the wallpaper thread was a great start but what's next? What else can we contribute/do while we patiently wait?
The online manual is another project, where people from the community can help :)

Edit:
@Jaguar
I understand what you are saying, but it's really about time that you too learn to interpret the other side. People make jokes, are sarcastic and also mean sometimes. It doesn't make them bad people. Learn to take things easier and we can all be friends :)

There seems to be no overnight shipping from China and MWeston won't fly to China as it seems, so we are pretty much done now, I think. Waiting till the 15th is next.

Jaguar said:
a perfect example, is the bird that asks about using a quote by weston as a signature. you dont get the point at all, weston didnt get personally , when he said Im enjoying the show, he jsut said what was on his mind. but someof you take it and tiwst it around to suit your needs. regardless of what I have said, or m weston or craig said today, none of it was personal. but the other ones who live here because this is there real life, like to take shots at people. the old saying still rings true, dont judge soemone, till you have walked in their shoes.

It may not apply to you, but it does to me. I'm just relaxing about it all (as I did from the first of December), so it suits me, so I ask him about using it a a signature.

I love this forum.

Goodness me! What a kerfuffle.

Jaguar == Gerald, there's no doubt about that now folks. Not only do they type the same way, but their lives seem to revolve around hospitals. I say we should keep the insults coming. You can't have a battle of wits with Jaguar/Gerald when he's not had a chance to gather any weaponry.

D.

Maybe I should stop the parenting, but I think I'll try to continue for a while. Hope dies last :lol:

Back